Parents Meet Report: Fall Festival

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
M

Midget's Dad

HC decided to take the L3 girls to States next month and they needed to get a sanctioned in state meet in before it so we switched to a local meet for this weekend. No time to get to the video right now, and I am traveling for work next week so it might be a little bit but thought I would share.

Started on beam, I thought she looked very good, but she did fall on the handstand which is rare. Scored an 8.525. Good enough for 2nd.

Floor, which is typically her best event was good overall but I think just a little sloppy. I will have to check the video myself to be sure but it is the only thing that makes sense to me as her score seemed low to me for what I saw. Name of the game though, but she got an 8.7 which gave her 6th.

Vault is always interesting, Midget is the one child I have ever seen that just cannot run naturally. She does these overly small steps, looks at her feet, and then starts to slow down as she gets the board. The vaults I thought looked ok but someone said that their angle she looked off. She got a 7, lowest score she has ever gotten on vault. Tied for 7th with that.

Bars I thought she did great. Still no Mill but everything looked pretty good except for one leg separation on her mount. I, and several other parents, were all surprised when she got a 6.95. 7th on vault.

So a bit of a struggle this meet, but nothing too horrid. She is very disappointed though. From my side I was a bit shocked with her scores in comparison to other girls as I watched the routines but I do know I am biased.

She finished 6th in all-around. And can now compete in states. And we have a few weeks to try and get it all solid again before the state meet.

That is great that she qualified for States. we don't have L3 States, so my DD will do her first State meet in December.

That evil mill circle will come, took my DD forever !

6th AA and qualifying for States is wonderful. Getting to Provincials here is very difficult, so we are very impressed!

Those skills will come along and then she will find new ones to be challenged by, it seems gym is liking climbing a mountain, just when you think you have reached the summit you see it over the next one.

Congrats to Midget! That is awesome that she has qualified for States and getting 6th place AA is GREAT! I too get confused with the judging at times. It can make you crazy! She did awesome! Good luck to her at States! :)

Way to go Midget! She'll have a blast at her first State meet! Bog's right Provincials here is hard to earn a spot. Sending mill circle fairies your way!

Woohoo Midget! Congrats on qualifiying to state! Meet scores vary a lot and if you have done out of state meets, it can be different, too. Sending the mill circle fairy for her! That thing is evil. LOL. Hope she has fun at states. :)

Still no time to full the video off the camera so it will have to wait until next weekend at least. But I did watch it and I have to say I am even more surprised about her floor and vault scores now than I was before. Ah well. Such is life in gymnastics.

On the other side I learned something last night that really kind of disturbed me. I know one of the parents has always used Midget to motivate her DD and it does not bother me really because it is behind the scenes. At the meets she is majorly supportive of everyone on the team and cheers Midget just as loud as her own daughter and has always celebrated with us when Midget does well. But one of the other parents who's daughter came in ahead of Midget was openly celebrating the fact that her DD beat mine, right in front of my mother-in-law. I mean I get that our girls are competing against each other, but they are on the same team. Just seems a bit rude to me. Ah well again.

Congrats on qualifing for states!!!! Great meet Midget and Good luck @ states!!

They must have been scoring low all around, if she got 7th with her bars and vault scoring. Congrats to her on making it to State!

VERY CUTE! I think L3 is adorable, not too much in our state and I didn't know there was even a L3 til I got here on CB! Too cute about the podium where they couldn't get their arms up at the same time. My DD sat on my lap and watched and said your DD was "awesome". Not sure if I was watching the meet you posted about though because she did great on everything! Good luck with States!

Blackie - I have not posted the recent one yet. I will when I get back home at the end of the week. The 1 posted most recently from me was her last meet where she actually did win everything.

Apparently her disappointment is being channeled well. Her practice yesterday she was extremely focused and had a really great practice.

Congrats on qualifying for State! She will have such a great time! Can't wait to see her video, she is such a cutie! Her AA was solid, she should be very proud of herself! Scoring can be so hard for us parents to understand. Just gotta be there to give them a big hug and tell them how awesome they are!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back