Parents Meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlygirls

Proud Parent
My 8 yo dd had her first level 5 meet at an invitational today. She has only been training her level 5 routines and skills for 2 1/2 months since level 4 States so I wasn't sure she would really be ready for this meet.

As it turned out, she was not ready to compete bars, so we scratched. She just got her glide kip 3 days ago and does not have her long hang kip yet.

I was pleasantly surprised by the rest of the events. She scored an 8.0 on vault, an 8.75 on floor and had an amazing beam routine which scored a 9.45 and a 4th place medal.

She was really happy with how the meet went, which made me happy since she was initially upset about not being able to compete bars.

We are still 6 months out from our regular season so I'm excited with how far she has come in such a short time of uptraining.

SOunds like a great first level 5 meet! Its always a relief to have the first meet of a level behind you.

She did great! The bars will come. There must have been some super high beam scores for your DD to get 4th w/that score!

Awesome beam score - I agree that there had to be a lot of good beam workers there for a 9.45 to get 4th, especially since it sounds like it's an early season meet.

Maybe there were some girls there just using the meet to score out of 5 so they could be L6 for the rest of the season;).

Solid scores on floor and vault too...that long hang kip w/ come real soon (my DD had hers about 2-3 weeks after her regular one...and her regular one took her forever!).

Congrats to her. Those are great scores for L5 and I am sure they will go way up from there as the season progresses. That must have been a very lovely beam routine!

Awesome beam score - I agree that there had to be a lot of good beam workers there for a 9.45 to get 4th, especially since it sounds like it's an early meet

Thanks! Since this invitational follows only a couple of months after the compulsory season here, many girls compete their "old" level.

Some of the girls had already competed 2 seasons of level 5, but I don't believe any of them were in my dd's age group since she was in the youngest group.

There were also some attempting to score out to be in the new level 5 this fall as well.

Beam is still on my dd's mind. I just caught her doing her routine in the back of my truck while we were unloading some groceries :)

There were also some attempting to score out to be in the new level 5 this fall as well.
Lol, your daughter could have done the bar routine (even missing the high bar kip) and if she got a 5, she would have been all set to compete NEW 5 in the fall :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back