Parents Meet Reports

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
I am a little behind on meet reports !

Last weekend we traveled to South Carolina for a meet. We had a blast. It was cold but we went to the beach and fed the Sea Gulls. The kids put their feet in the water - YIKES !!!! And 2 dolphins swam by which was so cool.

The meet went ok, but not great. We had to tweek routines the week ahead because SC Prep Op levels are different than NC levels. We had to add a full turn on floor and a second BHS. On bars they had to jump to the high bar and beam needed add'l acro.

Vault 9.150 - 6 th place
Bars 9.00 - 5th place
Beam 9.275 - 2nd place (stuck her BWO that she had never had to do in competition)
Floor - 8.775 - 5th place ( she had to do someone elses floor routine because hers was to hard to rework and keep within the music)

AA - 36.200. 3rd Place

team won 1st place which shocked all of us because none of the girls did as well as normal !!!

Today she had another meet ( 3rd weekend in a row with a meet and she was tired ). 8:00am start. Ugh.

Vault - 9.125 - 3rd place
Bars - 9.150 - 1st Place
balance beam - 8.10 - no place ( missed her BWO and forgot to do again- feet didn't touch) awfully bent on split leap ( that I thought had been taken out).
Floor - 9.65 - 1st Place ( keeping other girls routine because she will have to do that one at regionals because they have the same rules as SC.

AA - 36.025 - 2nd place

and I was able to say hi to GT as the meet was at the gym where he coaches.

Wow super great scores! 2 great meets for her, I'd say! I was freezing along with you at that meet but our girls did well, too...our L4's got 1st place and DD did a good solid 4 events for the first time all season!:D I guess the cold wasn't soooo bad, huh? Wish I would have gotten to meet you!

Wow super great scores! 2 great meets for her, I'd say! I was freezing along with you at that meet but our girls did well, too...our L4's got 1st place and DD did a good solid 4 events for the first time all season!:D I guess the cold wasn't soooo bad, huh? Wish I would have gotten to meet you!

I know, I wish our sessions had been back to back. And Oh my was that seating awful !!! And I felt like a sardine @ awards.

Good times, good times! Your dd and her team are doing well and you all are obviously enjoying yourselves. :) I'm so glad that everything is going well for your dd, but I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous that you went to the beach and saw dolphins; the kids could be where I live and put their feet in the snow! :eek: (Okay, I admit that I had fun sledding with my family today, but I do believe I'm ready to put the snow behind us for the year and enjoy the beach! ;) )

Good times, good times! Your dd and her team are doing well and you all are obviously enjoying yourselves. :) I'm so glad that everything is going well for your dd, but I have to admit that I'm a bit jealous that you went to the beach and saw dolphins; the kids could be where I live and put their feet in the snow! :eek: (Okay, I admit that I had fun sledding with my family today, but I do believe I'm ready to put the snow behind us for the year and enjoy the beach! ;) )

It was VERY cold !!!! About 35 degrees. But it was still so much fun.

Great job on both meets, especially with all those changes and a huge woo hooo on that beam BWO!

I love the dolphin tale, that is way cooler than any gym meet!

It was good to finally meet another chalkbucketeer in person.

Congrats on your DD's success!

Sounds like 2 successful meets! I am jealous about the beach as well and the dolphins!

It was good to finally meet another chalkbucketeer in person.

Congrats on your DD's success!

Thanks GT, I am so proud of her. She is a joy. My favorite moment of the day was while she was waiting for the judges to give her the go ahead on bars and she was dancing to someones floor music !!!

Great to meet you in person as well. I am sure our paths will cross again !!! We enjoyed the meet.

Great job on the meets!! It sounds like she is doing really well!!! That BWO on beam is a huge skill--congrats on that and lots of high fives!!

That is tooo funny about "the dancing to someone's floor music" when she was waiting for bars!!! Our dds are so much alike!! Dani was dancing to a person's floor music at the last meet while she was waiting for her second vault. It was too funny to watch!! I didn't put that vault in her video because she balked on it, but the dance at the beginning was just too cute!

I guess it just shows you how relaxed they are at meets when they can really enjoy themselves and let loose like that!!!

Two great meets for her! How awesome that she improved so much on the floor score too!

Great meet, especially having to learn changes. That is amazing. Sounds like you had a lot of fun in SC. Love the ocean!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back