Parents Meet results...video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
Hi All,
I haven't posted much. Still check in every now and again!
DD had her first meet of the season. It was a L7 Qualifier. Top 6 from her sessions (girls who competed L7 last year) go to AZ. Anyway DD is not going to AZ, but did fantastic.

Beam: She loves starting on beam, I can't stand the pressure. She did a beautiful routine. 9.1

Bars: Strange rotation, but bars were next. She struggled all last year with the giant. This is her first competition with a real giant. It was a great routine. 8.775

Floor: 1st time competing her new floor routine and her front hspring, front layout, front tuck. She was thrilled 9.1

Vault: Standard score 8.85, nothing spectacular, not bad. She as been working the tsuk, not the l7 vault.

Here is the video link:

YouTube - Emma's Level 7 Qualifier Gymnastics

When I woke her up this am for school, the first thing she said is "can you believe how good I did yesterday????" I am very proud of her!

Very nice! I loved her floor routine... music and choreography! What was that cool rocking movement she did at 3:12. Is there a name for that?

Great job!!! She's awesome on every event!! I love her fhs layout punch front! I was hoping to put that in my level 7 routine this year, too, but I didn't have enough stamina for it.. But it looks like she's a great tumbler!! GREAT JOB, EMMA!!!

She did great! Loved her floor routine--hard to believe that was her first time competing it!

Wow, her tumbling on floor is awesome! What a great floor routine she has, and congrats on the giant! Will she be moving to L8 this year? Looks like she's ready!

Thanks for all your kind words... its kind of funny for me to hear you all say what a powerful tumbler she is. Last year she would not even run into her back tumbling... crazy fear. She cannot control the landings on a front handspring, front layout, if done early in the routine. That is why she had to do the fshp flayout front tuck. She even had a big rebound out of the fhsp front layout at the very end of her routine. She has really improved. She is very flexible and a strong front tumbler.

I am not sure if that move at 3:10 is where she folds herself in half, has a name. Anyone else know????

I thought she did great for her 1st time competing the routine. She has not practiced it much, as this was a preseason meet and we did not start working routines on a daily basis yet.

The plan is for her to compete one more meet in Dec at L7 and then move to L8 in Jan. She still needs work on bars and her tsuk. Keep your fingers crossed.

She has such nice flow on the beam and incredible flexibility! She is a very pretty gymnast. Has she done dance? Certainly a natural dancer.

She really did great. Love her beam. The well executed FWO and series on beam, and front pass on floor was very refreshing to watch.

I thought (as her mom) that her beam score was a bit low. I think she loses a lot of points on her legs in her tick tock bwo and her bhs. The are a bit bent. She also had wobble out of her full turn and a step on the landing. It's amazing how all those .1 deductions add up so fast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back