MAG Meet tomorrow

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Big meet tomorrow ;) Kinda concerned, but I know it will be great :) I hate Friday night meets. But, he is excited and ready to go. Of course, we had the illness, then a migraine this week, but he seems to have bounced back!

My biggest concern is that this meet has 4s and 6s competing together. Last year, they did this with 4s and 5s, and they had them do floor from side to side with not extensions on the floor. It was really hard for the boys as they had to stop and move to make sure they had space! not sure in a RO BHS BHS BT you can do that :( Here's hoping they have a plan!

Our 4's and 6's keep getting grouped together too! It will be that way for our last three meets before states. I'm not complaining because I have a level 5 but... Good luck to D! We haven't had any Friday night meet but the next two are 8 am Sunday two hours away. Can't beat that! Still deciding if J is going to wrestle on Saturday. I'm voting no but after tonight's viewing of "Here comes the boom!" I think I might get outvoted!

He did good. 5th on floor. 2nd on Pommel. 9th all around. And got to see trapar and son again. He looked good!

Sent from my SPH-M950 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Yep, it wasn't a bad meet. It was a hard one for ds, though, but he's glad he did it. His knee was really hurting before it even started but he pushed through and competed everything. His last event was vault. He asked to scratch it because of the pain but his coach said he needed to do it for the team (they only had 3 kids today), so he did. He's proud of himself and happy his coach "made him". I think it was a good learning experience for him and his team. He ended up 2nd on pommel (different age group than skschlag's son), 5th all around and some other places I can't quite remember.
Skshlag, it was fun to see you again and I just love your kid's attitude!! He's a ray of sunshine :)

How awesome that he was able to power through and help his team! Way to go!

And you are too sweet. Like I said last night, sometimes, I wish he took things just a little more seriously. Just a little...not a lot. But then he wouldn't be D! LOL! Life is fun to him, and gymnastics is the ultimate fun. One day the competitiveness might creep in a bit more, but for now I guess we are just happy he has so much fun.

Thanks for asking, Profmom. His knee is still really hurting, even while doing nothing. I'll probably get him am appointment with the doctor tomorrow. For now we're icing and keeping up with the ibuprofen. I also ordered a kids sized knee brace. The state meet is in 3 weeks so we have to get him better fast!

Poor guy! I was hoping a day of rest would help it feel better! Is it swollen at all??? Hopefully the doc has something good for you guys!

Not swollen at all. I don't really have much experience with knee pain, but I think I remember learning somewhere that if a joint that hurts is not swollen, them it's probably tendinitis. I think that means just more rest and more time away from practice. I doubt it's anything more than that, but we'll make sure at the dr.

That poor boy doesn't need anything else! He has had so many obstacles already this season. I hope it heals quickly! See you at state!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back