Meeting at the meet thread -Going off last years that Nettyinpa started.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I see some of you have mentioned the Magical Classic in Orlando Feb 17 - 19. Those are the same dates as the Presidential Classic at ESPN, which we're thinking of going to. We chose the Presidential because it's boys as well, and we want to take our boys team too.

DD gym is going to Presidential Classic also. We will also be at:
Cirque De Galaxy 1/20-22
Manhattan Classic 2/2-4
Long Island Classic 3/2-4

Cher--that's nuts! Can't imagine having to pay for all those meets--and the time commitment is huge!

Your state lets you do club and HS, huh? The MN high school league bans kids from practicing or competing with club teams during the HS season (which pretty much overlaps the optional season!). There's been a few girls on other teams that did HS, then club for the few meets before State, but our gym doesn't allow that (they want their gymnasts practicing with them all the time)

Yes they let them do both - and we just had the Ocean State Classic in RI added in and the Starlight at MIT eliminated (It got full before we could even collect the funds)

I just looked it up... i'ts actually GMS in Manassas, not Haymarket. We've been to their club a few times for meets... it's right off the main highway, so not hard to find!

We went to Flip for the Fight last year, the gym was very easy to find, although was not ideal for videotaping, especially with beam in the little cubby-hole lol! The home team did alot of SCREAMING... we are not used to that! Had a late Sunday report time and then a 6 hour drive home...ok not the best experience for me, but the leotards were really nice!

Yeah, I quit filiming at that venue too... those funky beams, and then the vault way off to the side behind the concessions stands (if you get stuck there w/o a seat, that is!) It was VERY convenient for me!!! Less than an hour's drive!

DD gym is going to Presidential Classic also. We will also be at:
Cirque De Galaxy 1/20-22
Manhattan Classic 2/2-4
Long Island Classic 3/2-4

Have you been to the Presidential before? We've never been to such a large meet, so I wonder how daunting it's going to be! We chose that meet because it isn't feasible for our tiny boys' team to tavel separately from the girls, and that meet is co-ed and easy enough for us to get to. Can't beat the location either! We go to Crown of the Carolinas for the same reasons, though it's slightly further away (an hour more of flying). We'd love to find the perfect co-ed meet close to MIA, JFK or DFW, because we actually have direct flights to those airports.

This will be our first time at the Presidential Classic. As well as the first time going to a meet outside of NY. The girls are so excited. Co-ed meets are hard to find. We used to have one here but now its split to different months I think due to the large amount of female competitors.

I just got to meet Midget's dad yesterday at DD's meet. :) Hope I get to meet a few more posters as the season progresses!

We are. Idaho Elite Gymnastics from Idaho Falls, ID. Our team goes every year. This will be the first year for my DD8. She'll be doing L5. I hear it is really nice meet.

Our meets this year are:
Idaho Judge's Cup Dec. 3
Holiday Express in Oregon for the optionals Dec. 17
Yellowstone Challenge in Madison ID 1/20 not sure if we will go to this one as I can't be there. If dad wants to take her then they'll go.
Lady Luck 1/21
Gem State in Boise ID on 1/28
Crystal Cup in Salt Lake City on 2/3
Classic Rock in AZ. on 2/20. Won't go to this one unless Dad wants to take her.
BSU Open in Boise on 3/3 in Boise
Bear Country in Logan, UT on 3/9
State in Boise (We think) on 3/23
Lots of meets and they all require a night stay except for the Yellowstone Challenge. We don't have anything close to where we live really. Almost everything is 2-5 hours away.
We are very excited to be starting again though.

We finally got our final schedule. :)
TAAF Winter games- Plano, TX
Classics meet- Bedford, TX
Metroplex Challenge- Ft Worth, TX
Aerobats meet- Plano, TX
and the state meet in Whitney, TX.

DD is level 3 and we're super excited to go to our first meet. :)

Our meets this year are:
Idaho Judge's Cup Dec. 3
Holiday Express in Oregon for the optionals Dec. 17
Yellowstone Challenge in Madison ID 1/20 not sure if we will go to this one as I can't be there. If dad wants to take her then they'll go.
Lady Luck 1/21
Gem State in Boise ID on 1/28
Crystal Cup in Salt Lake City on 2/3
Classic Rock in AZ. on 2/20. Won't go to this one unless Dad wants to take her.
BSU Open in Boise on 3/3 in Boise
Bear Country in Logan, UT on 3/9
State in Boise (We think) on 3/23
Lots of meets and they all require a night stay except for the Yellowstone Challenge. We don't have anything close to where we live really. Almost everything is 2-5 hours away.
We are very excited to be starting again though.

Ah I used to live in Logan for college! I also remember going to a few of these meets, I grew up in Western Colorado and we mostly did Denver area meets, but in winter it's actually easier to make it west! And I understand what it's like to have most meets at least 2-5 hours away... if the snow isn't too terrible lol. It's so weird with all my nieces meets within an hour or so!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back