mental block!!!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi
At our gym we have been focusing on getting our backhandsprings but I just cant seem to get mine, any thing that could help me?????
Thanks

Confidence! If you belive you can do it and train hard you can get it. You could practice them on a trampoline if your Coach doesn't mind. When you do them think of staying tight! Sit back as if you are sitting in a chair with your arms by your ears at all times! Jump back landing with straight elbows and knees. You might not get it right the first time you try but keep on practicing until you are ready for the floor with the Coach's assistants. If you are not ready for the floor yet you might go down a chesse mat. Which helps to get ready to go on the floor. I hope this helps. Good Luck!!!! :)

Are you scared of them with a spot or just by yourself?? ask your coach for a spot first and it should be less scary then, because you know you can do them! you'll get it! just go for it and you'll realize how easy it is! but i know that's easier said than done.. but you got it! confidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that you have to be afraid before you can be sure of yourself. Fear is undeveloped confidence. Do a few backhandsprings on tumbletrack. You can do it!:D

sqeeze your buttox :)
keep your head DOWN :)
look at your hands :)
and when your feet hit the grown...
SNAP DOWN !:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back