WAG Vault Help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I have a little mental block on vault and I bail sometimes. I also have really bad anxiety when I vault. I have states this weekend and I am nervous for the meet. I am in Xcel Gold if that helps. Any tips? Thank you!

taking my best guess, i assume youre doing a front handspring or half on vault ? but here a few things that may help/helped me when i blocked on the same vault for 2 seasons on nd off
- watch videos (if have ny) of yourself doing the vault
- positive thoughts/actions for yourself or ur teammates (will generally help to be less anxious)
- dumb the skill down physically (take it to just a normal handspring on floor, over mat stack, then to table again or replace w round off if doing a half on)
- dumb the skill down mentally (can you jump? yes, can you do a handstand? yes, can you do a handstand pop? yes, then ur fully capable of doing the skill, its all skills youre capable of, just think jump handstand block)
- try to think of just jumping to your hands
- know your coaches wouldnt make you do something youre not capable of

i hope this helped a bit i usually just lurk but i hope you easily get over your block and do well at states!! just stay positive and constantly cheer for your teammates, itll most likely help you to be less anxious and help your teammates to be less anxious/worried abt the meet if they are too!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back