WAG Mill Circle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kadee never could do it without hooking her leg. She wasn't hooking (that sounds bad...lol)as bad by the end of the season..but it was still there

My DD has been "hooking" too, lol. I actually have seen a lot of them do that, it's the only thing holding them on the bar at times!! So did we ever figure out when/if it changed?? Some of our super smart coaches would probably know. :D

LOL! I hear so many stories about the dreaded mill circle. Both of my girls did it well, maintain a split all the way around. My oldest has since quit and my youngest is in L5, she was just demonstrating one yesterday. They just never minded it.

My dd never missed a mill circle in a meet but I can't say they were consistently pretty and I always held my breath as she applied the brakes at the top of the bar. She had a beautiful straight armed front hip circle but that dang mill circle was never 100% perfect.

LOL! I hear so many stories about the dreaded mill circle. Both of my girls did it well, maintain a split all the way around. My oldest has since quit and my youngest is in L5, she was just demonstrating one yesterday. They just never minded it.

It's funny how certain skills are tough for certain kids and others are easy. My daughter got her RO-BHS more quickly than anyone on her team. She was the very last on her team to get her front mill.

My DD has never been a hooker...rofl. She did go through 3 phases with it though. First was not getting to the top of the bar. The second was going around twice. Then she learned to put the brakes on & is consistent with that. She got the front hip before anything else & still struggles with not falling backwards on the shoot thru. So glad this is her last season with the stride skills!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back