Missing practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was just wondering if your gym had a policy for missing practice, whether it's sickness, vacation... I always seem to get these little bugs that make me miss a practice or 2 and it's so frustrating!! I never seem to be able to make a month of straight practices. I know my coach isnt mad but I always feel so bad calling and saying im not gonna be able to make it. :( What is everyone elses thoughts?

you go to practice unless you have a fever or contagious disease.:)

My kids go to practice unless they have something bad enough that they would stay home from school. Not just gymnastics, all my kids and all of their sports. If we make the financial and time commitment, they are going to practice. I think I give them 1 "freebie" now and then for a big slumber party or other social event.

I believe our coaches take into account attendance when looking at move ups and they don't allow make ups for missed practices.

you go to practice unless you have a fever or contagious disease.:)

Does your gym do any kind of make-up systems? Like at ours if you have to miss a practice because you were on vacation you would sign up for an extra day or workout in the morning then do your usual practice at night.

no. they work out 6 days a week. we're not going to make up on a sunday.:)

No make ups in our gym either. You can miss classes if you need to, but only if there is a long term medical issue will you get a refund on tuition. As Dunno says there is simply no time to do make ups.

If a gymnast misses too many classes then their gymnastics will usually suffer and they will not get moved to higher level groups. We also send gymnmasts home if they arrive too late for the start of a session.

;) P.S- I dont mean little bugs as in headaches or something, like the 24 hour extreme dizziness and nausia stuff ;)

If you are getting that sick that often you may want to go to the doc and get checked out to make sure something isn't wrong. Getting a cold from time to time is fairly normal but this ^^^ is not.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back