Mixed series/ Gym-acro

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I need a new mixed pass/gym-acro, what ever you want to call it. I can't think of a good one. I've already done one with a backhandspring and one with a round off, both connected to a straddle jump. I want one that is not seen a lot. I'm a prep op intermediate, or hopefully advanced. Any ideas?

well you could try something like a knee round off or after the stradle you could try doing a well i dont know how to spell it but the thing where you go to the stomach. you could also do another jump after the stadle

i dont know how to spell it but the thing where you go to the stomach
I think she means a shishunova (sp?) which is a straddle jump then land in a front support or on your stomach.
You could also try different jumps like wolf jump, split jump, stag, cat leap, hitch kick, etc. Or even turn them like a cat leap half or full.
As for the acro you could do a front or back walkover, cartwheel, valdez, front tuck, pretty much anything.
My old one was a hitch kick connected to a one handed front walkover and it looked pretty nice.

this year I'm doing RO- stag jump- fhs stepout- switch leap- straddle jump! its really fun! i'm going to be a level 7.

another fun one is bhs to your knees and then you bounce up.. maybe you could do a jump then step out into a roundoff bhs to your knees..but alot of people can't do them because they have bad knees, but i do them and there really fun!

or maybe you could do a jump into a fhs step out.. kind of like what i'm doing..

just some ideas..

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the coolest gym/acro series I have seen is a switch leap land two feet connected to punch front tuck. Very cool!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back