WAG Moving out of Xcel Platinum into L7??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lizzy Brennan

Coach
Gymnast
Hello Chalkbucket! I am a 15 year old Xcel Platinum. I have competed two years previous to the Platinum season that I just finished; old L3 and new L4. Assuming that I have all of my skills come next season, I am planning on competing L7. What I am understanding is that in order to get there though, I have to go back to L5, score out of L5 at one meet, and then score out of L6 later? I am assuming that, because I already competed L4 for a season, I would not have to go back? I was reading a thread about moving out of Xcel, and saw some people talking about high schoolers being able to petition? I have talked to my coaches and they have not said anything about this petition... Can anyone answer my questions? Thanks!

If you don't compete level 5 to score out, you can at 14 petition to move into JO Optionals. Lvl 6 isn't required.

"Any gymnast who has had previous competitive experience in any system (including USA Gymnastics) and who is a minimum of 14 years of age OR is at least a freshman in High School is eligible to petition the State Administrative Committee for entry into Level 6 or Level 7. The petition must be accompanied by a video that demonstrates her skill level."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News