WAG Moving Up!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

munchkin3

Proud Parent
DD had a big skills test yesterday. She needed to have ALL Level 4 skills in order to move up to the Big girls group.
She was absolutely BEAMING at passing. her and two team mates made it....
She was most proud of going over the vault table unassisted.....(wasn't pretty, but i didn't tell her that!)

Now I can freak out about what this actually means for ME!! LOL

That is GREAT! Congratulations to her. My dd is still trying to master (ok, let me not get carried away here) She is still trying to get her lvl 3 skills. I feel like she will be stuck on lvl 3 forever :/ But I'm happy for your DD no doubt! It seems like a big step from lvl 3 to 4. You should be very proud :)

Congrats!!!
As soon as my daughter gets her kip, she'll be moving up to L4. This darned kip has been plaguing her for what feels like forever... I've got hope though that she gets it soon. "Most" of her teammates have already moved up to the extra practice of L4, at a different time, so she's feeling the pressure :(

WhooHoo! It's a big difference between that flat-back onto mats and going over a vault table. DD is a rising L4, but she's working on getting over her fear of jumping to the high bar.

Our gym requires them to have a kip for level three. Why is that?
Kip is an option for the mount on bars in level 3. It's my understanding that there is no bonus if it is done but could be problematic (in scoring)if done incorrectly. Guess your gym requires that as the mount...think of it as great prep for level 4

Yes, they start teaching the kip in L3. I guess the hope is to 'get' it sometime in L3, so by the time L4 begins, it is mature and with straight arms.
Also, my DD says competing the kip can be tricky too. If you are not 100% with it, you can blow it fairly easily. there is a mental side to ADDING it as a mount.
the more you do it the better.

Yes, they start teaching the kip in L3. I guess the hope is to 'get' it sometime in L3, so by the time L4 begins, it is mature and with straight arms.
Also, my DD says competing the kip can be tricky too. If you are not 100% with it, you can blow it fairly easily. there is a mental side to ADDING it as a mount.
the more you do it the better.

I kind of wish my DD had been working on it more during L3, then it wouldn't be so imperative to be getting it now, when she's "done" with 3 and ready to move up to 4.

Except she called me on her way home last night:
"MOM!!! guess what I did today???? I got my kip!!!! Then when I was going to show HC, I got a rip... and didn't do it..."
So, we're "this" close!!!

So, we're "this" close!!!

We've been this close since July of last year. One day she was one locked elbow away from it and fell back down. I have to say I was relieved because I promised her ice cream to celebrate and it was 24 degrees out at the time. Brrrrr.

She'll get it.

Mine spent 6 months almost there!!! GASP!
But now it is a very nice kip. Straight arms and 95% consistent.
She still tends to begin the jump wrong! She has to remember to stay HOLLOW.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back