My hands!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What's wrong with my hands?? They never ever rip!!! Even after I do bars for a really long time I still never rip!! It's really weird!! My hands just get really sore and only occasionally get callouses. I was talking to my friend about it and then this other girl on my team who I really don't like is all like well I think you just don't work hard enough. That made me really really mad!!! I work just as hard if not harder than her. Anyways this was all kinda random but I was just wondering if it's normal to not get rips.

you probably just have naturally tough hands so you dont have to build up any more toughness with too many callouses. and beceuse your hands are tough you dont rip. i have almost permenant callouses ( havent lost them since i started gym.) and rip once every 3 or 4 months probably. everyones different =]

you probably just have naturally tough hands so you dont have to build up any more toughness with too many callouses. and beceuse your hands are tough you dont rip. i have almost permenant callouses ( havent lost them since i started gym.) and rip once every 3 or 4 months probably. everyones different =]

You guys are lucky!
I wouldn't worry about the girls that says you don't work hard enough (she's probably jealous) T.Gymnastics is right...i know lots of girls that never rip and they can spend hours on bars withough ripping...me, I rip every session :D

I never rip either!! Its wierd cus alot of the girls even get bloody rips too, but i cant even get a baby rip!! They just get really sore and hurt but dnt rip!! Idk why. But its wierd.

You are so lucky! I go from periods to where i don't rip at all for like, a few months. And then all of a sudden i will rip, and i just keep getting more and more and more EVERY time we go to bars for like, 2 weeks! Everyone is different, you just happen to be a lucky one! And don't let that other girl bother you, just tell her you have really tough hands if she brings it up again. She is probably just jealous that you never rip.

i never rip either it weird but i did get a rip a state that was a nightmere but always be prepared for rips to much high bar can give rips sometimes

OMG that's like really scary and bad. You should see a doctor about that.
JOKE!
You're really lucky. Sometimes I think I would be like super awesome on bars if I didn't rip so much...I rip at least once a week. It has been like this for more than a year now. Obviously those callouses aren't doing what they're supposed to...

I guess I have really sensitive skin. I get blisters on my feet if we do too many turns on beam or floor. I also get blisters on my lips if I eat spicy foods and I burn the roof of my mouth on hot drinks all the time.

I never rip either. I only ever rip on my wrists when my grips rub but never on my hands. The only time I would rip was when I didn't use grips but I didn't rip that often.

I never rip either!! Its wierd cus alot of the girls even get bloody rips too, but i cant even get a baby rip!! They just get really sore and hurt but dnt rip!! Idk why. But its wierd.
That's excactly what mine do!! And everybody else has all these nasty bloody rips!! haha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back