Off Topic National Chalk Shortage...WHAT!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Has anyone else heard of the "chalk shortage" that we are having right now?

Yeah. Our gym owner was just taking about it. She apparently scored a good about and is storing it!!!

Sent from my SPH-M950 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Dd said her coaches are rationing theirs but she didn't say why. I just figured they were using too much...

Yes! We ran out of chalk for the first time ever because my coach said the company she's always gotten it from either was out or closed or something. Weird couple of chalk-less workouts before it was replenished.

Yup, we actually had this problem back in the fall. We ran out of chalk for almost 2 weeks before the head coach went to a nearby gym and asked to buy some until our order came in!!
Hope it doesn't get to bad!

At our gym you'd think there is a constant shortage! Never enough for all the girls, ppl using chalk from the floor, gross!

Sorry folks!! I have to take some responsibility for this near disaster. Ya see, I've gotten lazy and allowed my "Junior head Assistant Coach" intern/volunteer lead bar warm-ups for the pre-devos, junoir devos, J.E.T.'s, and TTFN (toddlers training for nationals) groups.

I thought I could leave her alone with them while I restocked their nurs.... errr, uhm, locker room with Huggies, Pampers, and Wet One's, only to find out they were spending most of their time using the chalk blocks for evil rather than good. They'd draw with it, pretend it was make-up, and even sprinkle a little Splenda on it as a "low cal" snack.

Geez, you'd think a 6th grade inter...hmf, Junior head Assistant would know better........

Sorry folks!! I have to take some responsibility for this near disaster. Ya see, I've gotten lazy and allowed my "Junior head Assistant Coach" intern/volunteer lead bar warm-ups for the pre-devos, junoir devos, J.E.T.'s, and TTFN (toddlers training for nationals) groups.

I thought I could leave her alone with them while I restocked their nurs.... errr, uhm, locker room with Huggies, Pampers, and Wet One's, only to find out they were spending most of their time using the chalk blocks for evil rather than good. They'd draw with it, pretend it was make-up, and even sprinkle a little Splenda on it as a "low cal" snack.

Geez, you'd think a 6th grade inter...hmf, Junior head Assistant would know better........
Lol!!! Read the post to my dd and we laughed! She said last she saw at her gym they have big bags of it :).

Yep my gym has had very little chalk in the last couple months for that reason! I'm hoping this doesn't last long...

...my dd said this a couple of months ago...that HC told them to use it sparingly because they can't order any more until August.

I still think its just a ploy to get them not to use so much... whatever-its worked! They are conserving chalk like crazy!!

Let me know, anyone, if your chalk situation becomes dire. I just may be able to coax a few of my youngest Pre-Devos" to cough up a weeks supply if you can wait for me to burp them after their next feedi.....whoops, I mean their next nutrition break.

Would someone please pass the Splenda?

Has anyone else heard of the "chalk shortage" that we are having right now?

yes, JBS. just recently the Italians closed the mine that produces "Grippy". there will be no more Italian chalk unfortunately. and some of the other mines worldwide have had work stoppages and such due to laboe rules, contracts and other matters. i was assured this past week end that things should clear up shortly. luckily for me, i order a years supply. :)

I don't think this will be an issue at my daughter's gym. When they turned on the heater for the first time this winter, enough chalk dust blew out to keep them supplied for at least a year. When that runs out, there is a quarter-inch layer on all the trophies.

Huh, we haven't heard of it...until now! :eek: Everyone still uses chalk LIBERALLY (as in, cover entire body with chalk, repeat each turn, and draw smiley faces all over). Well, if chalk runs low, I'm sure a year's supply and then some could be found just from doing a quick sweep of the gym. :scratchchin:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back