New Coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Hey, not really asking something but just merely sharing.

Well this term our coach left and we got a new coach who is great but strict but kind of different.

For the total 2 training sessions i have had her she has put a total ban on talking pretty much, done more strength than we have ever done and has been a lot stricter.

For the past 2 sessions i have not touched apparatus until 6:30 (we start at 5 and normally on apparatus by 5:30)

but all in all i love feeling like i am getting stronger and getting somewhere.

I can share that about a year ago give or take, my dd's gym hired a new tumbling coach to fix the basics in all the levels. Our gym is pretty lax all around and he came in and was trying to put a stop to everything. He was trying to follow the rules that seemed to exist that no one followed. He was also so hard on the girls with his strength he was giving them. The girls and the parents grumbled for a while and now he is one of the best coaches we have. He has mellowed some and the girls have really grown to enjoy the time they spend with him.

So good luck with your new coach, time will tell I'm sure.

Our gym just hired 2 new coaches, a husband and wife team. They've been primarily working with the higher level girls. Boy, you should hear them complain. They've gotten so used to pretty much doing what they want to do and now they actually have to do some work which involves conditioning and some back to basic stuff. Funny, cuz I sit and watch my dd's team (level 6 & 7) and they work so much harder then these older girls. It's so important to their overal performance and their health in the gym to maintain that core strength. I don't think they understand (or remember!) that. All the moaning and groaning won't help so they need to accept it for what it is and conform to what the coaches are asking from them.

How long are your workouts?

Pickle's are 3 hours on school days and they are usually on the aperatus in just under an hour. On weekends, when practices are four hours, they do some extra conditioning so it can be a little longer.

Pickle's Mom, our sessions are 2.5 hours and weekends 4 hours. We do the same strength on all days.

Just like to say that it's only been 3 training sessions now, but I LOVE HER she's a great coach! its actually really fun :) she's still strict and would love to be able to talk to team mates a bit more but hey she's awesome :) I LOVE HER NOW!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back