WAG New evil coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastmeggii

Basically, my best friend and I have had the same coach for three and a half years (the whole time we've been doing gymnastics) she's amazing and more like a friend that a coach. In just a year she taught us both to flic, and within 20 minutes with her, we both learnt a backwards walkover. Our team is split into four groups of about 6-8, and it's sorted by a mix of age and ability. When I first joint, all of us in my coaches group were about 9-11, however, over the last few years, people have been quitting, and new, younger girls (8-11) have joint, so in my group it was me and my best friend (both 12) and some younger girls. But it was fine because we all got on really well and I loved going to gym three times a week.

About a month , the head coach decided to move me and my best friend from group C, to group A, although this is an improvement, we're not close to anyone in that group, and some of them can actually be mean towards us. Most the time, she works with my friend and a few others, while I'm left with some girls much older than myself to work on more advanced skills. It's got to the point of tears, although the only person who noticed was a girl in my old group.

My new coach doesn't seem to like me much either. She swapped around my floor routine now so I have to walkover really quickly so it fits in with the music then squat immediately after. This really hurts my back, so when she told me to practice my walkover on beam, I told her my back was hurting. She just gave me a disapproving look as if she didn't believe me. I sick of it, to be quite honest.

Also, my new group has 9 people in it, which means I get very few goes on each piece of apparatus :'( whereas my old group has about 5 people:confused:I don't get it! As well as this, my new coaches coaching styles are completely different, she won't even let us talk while we wait for our turn!

I have a few options, one is to move to a different club, from me, it's about half an hour-ish, but from my best friend it's two hours, so there's no possibility of her going. My second option is to complain, but that'd be so embarrassing and I'm not sure if it's worth is. My last choice is to just stick it out, but I really don't enjoy going to gym anymore.

What should I do?!

She means goodbye because you are underage for the Chalkbucket and we all know that means you lied about your age when you registered.

Bye!

Urgh, it was my 13th birthday a month yesterday ago, honestly, I had to make a new email account and chalkbucket account because of that -_- please don't report me again, I'm telling the truth! My friend is 12 and he birthday's in August, but I'm 13, believe me?

Set up a time to talk to the coach with your parents there to to moderate the discussion. I totally get how these things can bother you so much, but will the coach? I think some of the things you're pointing out may be shrugged off by her because she'll feel you you've mis-understood her intentions about the floor routine, and being put aside with the more advanced (is that right) girls to work independantly. She may also have the idea, if you made a fuss when she first asked you to speed up the walk over, that you're exaggerating or making up the pain....kinda as a way of saying her ideas don't all smell like roses, because sometimes kids do that because they get tired of people changing things round without condsidering how it's going feel.

Your parents can help keep things heading in the right direction by explaining that your feelings are very real to you, and they create a reality that you live in, even though her reality, which hasn't been created to limit you in any way, has nary a wisp of the drama surrounding you. Your parent can help each of you understand the other, and get both of you to a common ground on some of these issues. The starting point can be the fact that both of you feel a desire to be involved in the sport, and you both can benifit from each other's sincere best efforts to be just a little better next week than the week before.

Think about giving that a go.....

Urgh, it was my 13th birthday a month yesterday ago, honestly, I had to make a new email account and chalkbucket account because of that -_- please don't report me again, I'm telling the truth! My friend is 12 and he birthday's in August, but I'm 13, believe me?

No I don't believe you. Please do not create another account. Your IP address is traceable.

i love the way she talks. i can't help it.:) (smile...kids)

I feel for her. She seems to have a legitimate dilemma. And I agree with dunno. The word "joint" brought me back in time. :) But I did not inhale. :-D

I feel for her as well, but she cannot be here until she is 13. Having the tween crowd here involves a lot more work with patent permissions etc, plus it would involve a higher level of moderation.

I really cannot allow young children to be here once they have outed themselves.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back