Parents New Level 4 Vault

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Fijiwater

Proud Parent
What are the rules as far as the height of the vault table for a front hand spring? My DD is really short and I having been wondering if their is a minimum height or a standard everyone must go by?

Coaches will put each child on whatever height they vault the best on that day. However i was once told by a judge several years ago that we could not vault on zero (below 105).

Our shortest L4 this season was an L5 last year at the age of 7. To put her size in perspective, her team Leo was a CM and her Warm Ups were CS. She is shorter than anyone else on team by at least 5 inches. She began practicing last year vaulting on "0" with the rest of the new 5s. A lot of the taller girls moved up to at least "1" quickly. She was the last one to move up to "1" and she vaults just fine there. Of course, we always have 2 coaches spotting vault, just in case :) It is more about power than height... and we make the spring board as accommodating as we can for a child that weighs barely 40 pounds. :D

I'm with Raenndrops on this one. The power of the kid determines the height of the table. I've had some really small gymnasts vaulting at the same height as taller girls due to their ability to transfer a fast run into a quick punch. The coaches will figure it out.

Coaches will put each child on whatever height they vault the best on that day. However i was once told by a judge several years ago that we could not vault on zero (below 105).

they can definitely vault on zero in Level 5. My DD started her Level 5 season vaulting on zero, as did a few of her teammates.

(and by level 5, I mean the same as new level 4!)

Yes I have many kids who vault on zero, this judge was trying to enforce a rule that I have never seen. So we vaulted on 105 for that meet only, much to my displeasure. Sorry I should of put a few periods on the end of my sentence to express how annoying that was.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back