WAG New level 6 - required or not this year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flippingtogether

Proud Parent
There was at least one thread I found from March of this year, but nothing more recent and nothing definitive.
Is new level 6 required this year? Me thinks no, but......

We moved half way across the country this year. DD's old gym completely ignored L6, and is either having kids move from 5 to 7, or kids will repeat 5 if not ready to move up. (My DD is a first time L5 this season....so this impacts her in a year).

At DD's new gym, everyone seems to think L6 is a stepping stone requirement. Kids who are ready to go to L7 are doing one meet of L6 to 'score out' before moving to moving to 7. In a casual conversation, I mentioned that it was not needed to do a single meet of 6 but I was corrected and told all the girls must do one meet of L6, per USA Gymnastics reqirements.

So..... I cannot find on the USA Gymnastics site anything that clarifies this. Anyone completely on the know/have a link to a website with the real McCoy??

Thank you.... I thought so and knew it had to be so..... Just needed all the smart people at CB to provide the final verification... :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back