Parents New Virginia Level 5 State Champion

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congratulations! She is so beautiful to watch. Did you decide to stick with your gym or are you looking at your options? Or would you rather not say? Regardless, I hope she has a blast uptraining and working on those level 6 skills.

I dont like that response. She tries so hard and is absolutely beautiful. He should be doing backhandsprings!. Just my 2 cents, look at a more positive atmosphere. Anyway, tell her she has big fans on chalkbucket!

I am so glad to see the video. Sophia was spectacular! I am so glad that we got to meet you today. Abbey talked on the way home about how sweet Sophia is, and that she is thrilled to have a new gymnastics buddy. We hope you have a great L6 season! Please tell Sophia congratulations on a great meet from Abbey!

Yeah for her! And I agree--if the coach can't even give her a "great job!" on a fabulous meet, you should be looking elsewhere!

Wow, she did fabulous! And her coach not even congratulating her? What is wrong with him? I agree with the previous poster that he does not deserve to coach her!

Congratulations! She was awesome! As everyone else has said, her coach doesn't deserve the privilege of having her as a gymnast. I don't know what your other gym choices are in your area, but I'm sure there must be a better coaching environment for her. There is a huge mental and emotional side to this sport that does factor into the longevity and future success of a gymnast (IMHO).

I'll share a quick story about my DD's former teammate. When DD was just a little older than your Sophia, she had a good friend/teammate who trained with her - same age, same level. Her teammate left that gym before DD did, to a gym that produces beautiful gymnasts, but ones who are mentally and emotionally weak from the mental anguish they are put through from the head coaches. A year later we ran into that teammate at States. At awards, the mom came up to me commenting how happy my DD looked during the meet, how genuinely encouraging the coaches were with the girls and said, "you totally made the better gym switch." You see, her DD quit gymnastics after that season. She had become completely beat down by her experiences at said gym, and didn't love the sport anymore. You could see it in her performances - gone was the sparkle and confidence she once had. My DD comments to this day that it was a shame she quit because she was talented and hard working.

Just thought I'd share a real-life reason WHY you should move Sophia NOW.

Congrats to Sophia!! What a fantastic State meet! I can't believe the coach didn't say anything to Sophie. What an idiot. Like Gigglesmom said--he doesn't deserve to have Sophia as his gymnast. As Bog said - Run for the hills!!

I hope you can find a good caring and positive environment for Sophia. It is amazing what a positive and nurturing environment can do for kids -- they truly thrive and find the joy in gymnastics and themselves. My dd's meet this past weekend is a good example of this. The excitement on her face after sticking a troublesome event is priceless. And I truly believe that my dd's drive, determination, positive outlook and 'never give up' attitude is brought out by her coach and her gym.

Sophie will need a good positive environment as she gets older and higher up in levels. Switch her NOW!

Congratulations Sophia!!!

On a side note... you video her scores and in this meet at least, it flashed her first name, last name, and gym. You may want to edit that out and just put in the scores with your video editing software. Just for safety.

I also think it's absolutely horrible that her coach wouldn't even acknowledge her beautiful vault! I'd be running for a new gym ASAP now that states are over. You want her to continue to enjoy gymnastics and want to STAY in the sport. Good luck w/your decision!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back