Parents Next meet in 7.5 hours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have our next meet starting in 7 1/2 hours for younger gymmie and 14 1/2 hours for older gymmie.
They had a week off for Thanksgiving, so there were only 3 days of practice since the last meet. OG had a church thing on Monday, so she only had 2 days of practice... and we had to leave before she had a chance to run her floor routine on Tuesday, so she had 1 day of floor practice (2 routines) since her 9.0 last meet...
Sooooooooo, they convinced me that they should go to open gym tonight even though school was closed today and it had been lightly snowing all day. It took about 50 minutes to get to Open Gym. They did let her do her floor routine- good to run it on a floor different from our gym's floor... but her knee was hurting, so no back tuck tonight (or last night at gym - dumb knee!).
YG FINALLY made it to the top of the rope at this gym... she is used to knots in the rope like our gym, and has never made it more than 1/2 way up this rope. She bet me a LARGE shake from McDonalds after the meet tomorrow that she could make it all the way... 3/4 would be a MEDIUM shake, lol.
My brother and I were talking on the way home and needed to figure out how to decide what size shake OG should get. I said a 36.00 AA should be worth a LARGE (with the thinking that a 35.0 could get her a MEDIUM), but he thought a 36 was too high... so we are going with 35.5 (which he tried to lower to 35.0 once we got home, but I pointed out we needed a goal for a MEDIUM also, so he went back to the 35.5... and a 35.0 gets her a MEDIUM).
I know it's wrong to "bribe" the girls with McDonalds, but stopping on the way home is one of our traditions :) And they are always trying to get an upgraded shake, lol :rolleyes:
Can't wait til tomorrow!

Thanks!
It was a good meet (but would have been better if a certain judge hadn't been there (as the only beam judge). OG got a 9.0 on Vault (She did her first 1/2 on-1/2 off in competition) good enough for 1st place!

YG got 1st on Bars with an 8.0 ... that judge was TOUGH, but it made sense ... I could understand the deductions, etc. She also took 3rd on Vault and All Around!!!

Beam Judge... OG has had a 10.0 Start Value the other 2 meets. Competes Xcel Gold... required to have 2 acro skills ... can be the same, but if they are, either have to be connected OR with a different entrance or exit. She competes a cartwheel - 1/2 turn - cartwheel. (judge didn't count the 2nd cartwheel because it wasn't connected and didn't have a dif entrance or exit - HELLO... the 1/2 turn makes it a dif entrance according to the Chairperson of XCEL for USAG)... and she lost her jump connection credit because her left foot moved slightly more onto the beam before the second jump...
So she had a 9.0 Start Value - scored 8.1 ... so not bad, all things considered. :)
Her team took 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th All Around places - she was 2nd... and as a team, they were 1st!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back