Not a question, more of a complaint/observation. 2011 Buckeye Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Deadline was December 11, 2010....they FINALLY posted preliminary schedules last Friday night (Jan. 21, 2011)...booked our flight Saturday morning (3 tickets, $220 each)...arriving Friday, Feb. 18-mid-day for a competition Friday night....leaving Sunday at 5 PM...seems like enough time, right?????:confused: Well today, they changed the schedule to competing on Sunday-mid-day....looks like she will miss the competition, even if she was there, the coaches scheduled coming home noon on Sunday because the girls should have been done...come on now...preliminary shouldn't mean 2 days later...not when they have taken soooo long to post in the first place....how is anyone suppose to schedule time off work, missing school, airline flights, hotels, cars and all with a short window and prices rising each day. Am I really asking for too much? You would think they would at least "try" to accommodate out of state teams. Locals could compete any day/any time.

I don't know how it is in other states, but we usually don't get meet information, other than the weekend they compete, until about 2 weeks prior. I was in shock last week when we got info on a meet in early March, we have never had info that early before. I wonder if your coaches can ask them to fit you in to a different block of time? I hope she still gets to compete.

Feeling your pain! We usually don't have meet info until 2 weeks before a meet too. I think it's my biggest irritation with gymnastics!

How frustrating. I think maybe as a team they should request they be switched back or get a refund and scratch that meet off next year's schedule. Meets that cater to travel teams should respect that they need time to get ready and also not change things like that.

If your COACHES call the meet director and explain the situation, I'm sure they will accomidate you. Its a very big meet w 3 gyms hosting multile levels at the same time on different days....they can switch you so you can compete.

hold on folks...don't jump the gun. i'm sure dave holcomb and company knows what they did and whom they did it to and they have a back up plan. this happens all the time at large invites. speak to your coaches first. they will be the first to be notified.

Thanks everyone for the thoughts that I'm not really crazy...I realize it is a big meet and we've been to very big meets before AND we get information in plenty of time to book flights, etc...this one just seems a bit uncaring to me. I believe the prelim went up because so many were asking for information so we could get flights booked before there was nothing affordable and available and we expected, because is was a prelim, for it to be tweaked (we run big meets as well so we know how things can change), but didn't expect something to change to 2 days later...Oh, and it's not just my DGD level, one of the other levels changed back 2 days, so those parents would be messed up as well...I trust that our head coach/owner will be speaking to them today and explaining the situation...it would appear that there are lots of other places we could be scheduled in so I'm hoping they are a bit accommodating (as I'm sure other out of state teams will have some of the same problems unless they were close enough to drive). Oh, and they completely left out one of our levels altogether. Again, I was just venting...I'm hoping it all works out in the end.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back