Parents Olivia's State Meet...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

Well she had a start time of 8am. She started on floor. It is her best event but it was not her best routine. All corrections made to routine she did not do. I think she was nervous. She scored an 8.75 and placed 7th!

Next up vault. She's improved her run. Doesn't seem to slow down before approaching the springboard anymore. When it counted she did a decent one and scored 9.125. No placement!

Bars. Her bars are very much improved. She has her mill circle again and it look better now than before. Her leg cut is also better and is her casts are hollow. During warm she had an amazing routine. She was first up and the whole family missed it. All I saw was her taking a step on the dismount. :mad: We were all so upset. States and I miss her bars!!!:eek: Coach later told me she did good but not her best. Scored 8.475. No placement!

Last up beam. She made some improvements on this event. She has a decent tuck jump, holds her scale and dismount longer. She was last up and the meet was wrapping up. She was so anxious to go that while she waited for the judges to salute her she started doing jumping jacks. Well I think she lost focused. She fell on the second turn (very unsual) and the rest of her rouitne suffered. She scored a 7.7! Obviously no placement!

AA: 34.05 (not her personal best) 12th place out of 16.

I could tell she was disappointed but when they gave her an AA trophy she had the biggest smile as if she was #1. We went out to celebrate and was happy the rest of the day. :)

I am still working on the video. I have Finals this week so it will probably be next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry it did nit go as well as she would have liked, sure glad the trophy cheered her up !!!

State meets can be so stressful and to have beam last and the meet is wrapping up, very difficult.

Tell her I said great job, and kudos on the new and improved mill circle !! My DD L4 State Meet is Saturday. I am a wreck, trying not to show it !!

Just remind her that making States is THE big deal, so many girls never get there. Love the trophy, she must be very proud of that.

Aww tell her I think she did amazing!!!! Such good scores for states, which can be pretty competative when up against some older and more experienced girls! DD's first L4 meet at states as a 6yr old she only got a 31AA and came in dead LAST! Thankfully she was a good L4 vaulter and manged to come home with 4th place state medal which made everything else a distant memory. Now that the season is over soes she get to work on some new skills?

I'm sorry to hear that States didn't go as well as she had hoped for. She did very well though anyway and now she can work on uptraining or improving for the next season.

Don't feel bad about missing an event, I'm sure all of us at one time or another will end up doing the same thing. Those things happen sometimes, and nothing that you can do about it, so don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe a teammates parent taped the entire team and you can get a copy of it from them? Ask around at the gym, ya never know.

Sorry it didn't go as well as she would have hoped, but glad that she was happy at the end anyway!
And I had to laugh--when I put together the video from Beth's meets for last year, I was amazed at how many meets I missed! I try to tape them all, but missed like half last year--sheesh!

Congrats to Liv for her floor medal!!! She is so young and to place at States is huge. I am sure she was up against much older girls as there aren't usually a whole bunch that are 6. DD was actually probably one of the oldest in her age group and it isn't fair to the new/young ones, but I guess that is how it is. :(

That said, I think she did great. Beam is hard to have last and especially when things are finishing up. I always feel for the girls that go very first on things, when everyone is kind of watching, and also settling in still and those that go last. More eyes are on them and it is hard. And a 34AA is great!! My kid didn't get that until her 2nd "year" of level 4. :D

I have missed events before when they go fast like that. It happens. :D

Glad she loved her trophy! That is so awesome that she got a trophy. Our State meet had these big, ugly, USAG medals that didn't look special at all.

Hope she is onto fun uptraining and stuff!!!

Early morning meets can be sooo hard! She had a great AA score and her placement on vault was Awesome!! OUr stat meet scoring on vault was weird. I just wish I could see what the judges see. I can't figure it out. Hopefully since states is over Liv will be able to do some uptraining!! We look forward to watching the video...minus bars of course! I would not worry to much about it. I forgot to turn on my camcorder while Alex was doing vault so when she was done I then turned on my camcorder and recorded my feet for about 20 min. I realized it when she was about to do her next event!! I felt pretty stupid. So once I am able to get my videos done I will post them minus vault!!

Thank you all for all your words of encouragement! It was her first time feeling really disappointed in herself. She really has been working so hard and has made some really big improvements. But for some reason or another it just didn't through at States.

I think the fact that it was STATES had her a bit freaked out and I hadn't realized it before hand. When we arrived at the gym's parking lot she looked around and said this is STATES. I am not sure what she was expecting or what was going on in her head. I wish I would of down played "States". She really didn't seem like herself out there.

On the positive side....her team did really well. one 38 a couple 37's and the rest of the girls (4 of them) all got 36's. The team placed 4th with a 113.3.

Most of the girls will be competing L5 in Feb and Liv will continue through March competing L4.

Her gym uptrains year round and a few weeks ago started training TOPS which she LOVES. Her main focus right now is testing this summer and making Diamond as a 7 year old. I know it's a Big Goal but she's focused and wants it more than any medal.

As for the girls in her age group I know of atleast 3 repeaters all of which placed top 5. It was a tough competition. Top 6 were all 36's and above. A 9.50 vault was 6th place!!!:eek:

Her next competition is the New Year's Invite in Disney World. Will anyone be there? She is very excited for this one. And claims it's going to be her best yet. Let see if the magic of disney will help her achieve her goals.....:)

I think Liv did GREAT! She should be so proud of that AA score, a 34+ at her first L4 State meet. I wish I could have seen her floor routine! I thought the floor judging was super tough, I saw some great routines barely crack the 9's, I mean, they were amazing. Beam seemed tough too. Poor baby having to do beam last, that place was chaos between sessions and I'm sure that was a distraction, I know I couldn't do what these little ones do! She will have a great 2nd season and be soooo ready for L5 next Fall. And I have no doubt she will make TOPS diamond level, with all those press handstands, she is a shoo in:)! Congrats!

Oh thank you Susan! You always say the nicest things. You are so positive! I need more people like that in my everyday life. That's why I love CB!

The judges were definately tough on floor and beam. I will post her floor routine later but it really wasn't her best. She was practicing before the meet and she looked so tight and pointy. It seems once we got there her brain froze. Not to mention it was freezing there and she kept putting on her pants to warm up. When she was on vault warming up I thought she forgot she had them on and was going to vault with pants on!!:eek: Luckily she took them off last minute.

She was in a squad all by herself and all the Orlando Metro girls. She made friends with them and even joined their coaches pet talk during vault(she was right in the middle of the group as if she were one of them). By the time beam came around and fell, all the girls gave her hugs and high fives. They were so sweet! Now she says she wants to try training at Orlando Metro....lol! I told maybe one day she can try their summer camp. I asked her what she heard their coaches say and she said she told them to run tight and she did and got a 9!! She is so funny! Really sometimes she really is just a 6 year old!! :)

How about Kylie state meet report, mom? She did awesome and you aren't even bragging!!! Post it!!!

We sat with some Metro families during our session and had the best time with them. So sweet. They were cheering for Ky and we were yelling for their girls. Made the meet so much more fun! I'm working on Ky's video and meet report right now...I've been so busy, my whole family came into town for the meet...we had a blast! TAG girls looked great at the meet!! Congrats!!

Well...I am so sorry that states didn't go as well as you'd hoped...but..as someone already said...that AA is quite impressive for a first year L4 state meet!!! And for such a young gymnast!! My DD was an 8 year old L4 and scored in the 34's at her first state meet!

I think too that the pressure of STATES is really intense...it really is just another meet but hearing STATES STATES STATES for weeks I am sure can make them nervous...ours are in MARCH and I am already dreading them!:) In fact, I would like to just end the season now and go on to level 5:eek: (DD had her best meet ever at her last meet!)

Anyway...onward to Disney! Sounds like so much fun. Our optionals are going to Sand Dollar in January but not to the New Year's meet.

I am sure she is very proud of that trophy and that there will be many more to come!

Big high 5's to Liv!! She did great I watched her fl looked really good.I missed my dd's bar routine 1 time her 2nd L2 meet I was so bummed now I am so worried I will miss something I don't take my eyes of her.lol She is going to do awesome in tops!

Big high 5's to Liv!! She did great I watched her fl looked really good.I missed my dd's bar routine 1 time her 2nd L2 meet I was so bummed now I am so worried I will miss something I don't take my eyes of her.lol She is going to do awesome in tops!

That's funny! I think I just may start doing the same thing. I am not going to let that happen again. My eyes will be on her the whole time.....lol!

Congrats to Liv on a great state meet!!! She probably was a bit freaked by "states" & not really knowing what expect, many girls are. But now she's got that under her belt & knows to treat "states" just like what it is...another meet! Good luck with TOPS training & uptraining:D!

Congratulations to Livi on a great State meet even if she didn't think it was her best. She did awesome regardless:) Good luck at the rest of her level 4 winter season:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back