Olympic Trials Tonight!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Kyla just looked so unbelievably happy that I don't hold it against her for not crying. That was some pure joy on her face and it made me smile just watching her.

I'm not a crier either -- except when actual sad things happen -- so I can relate. ;)

Kyla just looked so unbelievably happy that I don't hold it against her for not crying. That was some pure joy on her face and it made me smile just watching her.

I'm not a crier either -- except when actual sad things happen -- so I can relate. ;)

Yeah, neither am I. I just thought it looked kind of weird seeing 4 girls bawling and then the 5th one with a huge smile. :D

I agree, it struck me as weird too. But she did just make the Olympic team, and that should get a smile. I'm sure that locker room was an emotional mess...I was really annoyed too at how often it showed the girls just talking and hugging, when they should have been showing the other competitors. At NFL games they don't show the players on the side while the game is on. NBC fudged that up IMO.

Here is the article about Kyla not crying: Youngest Team USA member Ross grows up quickly | Fox News
and I also thought Bross didn't look like herself. You could see her and Valeri talking after her second fall seeing if she was ok if she was oging to try and finish. She rolled over her knees on her shaposh so they were probably worried about the one she dislocated. She did end up competing her beam routine and it was one the best one she has done in a while. And she landed her patterson dismount for the first time in forever. So it was a good note for her to end her night on.
I also agree NBC coverage is very annoying.

After Bross hit her feet and came off the low bar, it looked like Luikin pointed toward the judges upon which Bross saluted and ended her routine. My question is did HE make the decision to end her routine or did she? Is it his call to make or could Bross have mounted the bar again and struggled through the rest of her routine?

After Bross hit her feet and came off the low bar, it looked like Luikin pointed toward the judges upon which Bross saluted and ended her routine. My question is did HE make the decision to end her routine or did she? Is it his call to make or could Bross have mounted the bar again and struggled through the rest of her routine?
When the coach says you are done, you are done. But Bross is a very experienced athlete, so you saw Liukin stay back after the first fall, and leave it up to her to continue. After the second fall he checked in with her, likely asking if she felt up to continuing, but he put his foot down after the third fall, for her safety. And Bross has trained with Liukin long enough to completely trust and accept his decision. I am sure thought never even entered her mind to even consider defying Liukin.

I was upset to see that none of the veterans were able to make the squad. I would have loved to see Alicia, or Nastia, or Bridget make one last run at it, but the squad we have this year looks really strong. A lot of other teams seems very top heavy - I think we may have the deepest team.

Anyone else get choked up at Nastia's standing ovation?

When the coach says you are done, you are done. But Bross is a very experienced athlete, so you saw Liukin stay back after the first fall, and leave it up to her to continue. After the second fall he checked in with her, likely asking if she felt up to continuing, but he put his foot down after the third fall, for her safety. And Bross has trained with Liukin long enough to completely trust and accept his decision. I am sure thought never even entered her mind to even consider defying Liukin.

I have an embarrassingly schoolgirl like crush on Valeri Liukin so I wouldn't defy him either! LOL

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back