One Arm Backhandspring on Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

Im going to be level 9 this up coming season and planning on connecting split jump one arm backhandspring, I have been having trouble with getting my one arm centered on the beam when adding in the split jump. I have no problem just doing the one arm backhandspring by itself but connecting it is giving me some trouble. Is there any drill that I can work on to help me with this?; I know one hand backhandsprings are not as common as back tucks... but maybe someone out there can offer some assistance.

Thanks for all your efforts!

A likely cause is you are twisting your hips in your split jump, so when you land you aren't completely straight on the beam to go into the one hand backhandspring. When you do your split jump keep your hips completely square and in a straight line across the beam, so you should land exactly as you took off. Try looking in a mirror (both front and side) so you can see if you are straight, and check that your back knee is pointing to the floor and not to the side.
Hope it helps. It's always nice to see unusual connections!

any video? i would guess that your opposition arms on the lift and landing are the opposite of the arm you want to put down. tis a common problem that goes unoticed by untrained eyes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back