Optional floor and beam routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so ive been thinking about this for awhile, im a level 7 gymnast and was wondering what does a judge look for in a floor and beam routine? Since these are two events where you actually have choreography and skills differ a lot, i waswondering what the judges like to see. I would really appreciate any advice Thank you!!!

I'm no judge but i have heard that ****ty (in case that gets taken out for swearing another word is promiscuous) routines are generally not a good idea

and i would say that having music that is uncommon is much better as judges would probably get sick of listening to the same music over and over again

my music is highway blues, and there is one partof my routine that tome is notage appropriate but it fits my music and i really like the part, butim also afraid to talk to my coach about changing because weve changed this part of myroutine so much!

gymnast88- thanks for the advice. that is good to know according my dance elements have always beenbetter then the actual tumbling. im more of a graceful gymnast than a power gymnast. my coach was a ower gymnast so it was difficult trying to do choreo on my routine when she kept trying to put fast moves and things that just didint look right on me. lets just sayim a taller gymnast and power wasnt coming easy... haha but thank you!

On beam routines with only 7 skills tend to score the best. 2 Bs and 5 As with nothing extra.

On floor its the same. The simpler the better. The extra stuff...cartwheels, front walkovers, ariels, dive rolls, handstands, etc. that a lot of teams use for filler are just asking for execution deductions. Choreography that fits the music and the gymnast is also something we look for.

All of this is obviously assuming that special requirements are met successfully.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back