Ouch!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled my hamstring doing the splits in jeans. It still hurts and I can't do handstands, cartwheels, pretty much anything! It is driving me crazy! I can do bars and beam, but only basic things.

But anyway's, what is the worst injury you got from gymnastics?

Thought trying to blow out my knee would be fun, almost three weeks later it's still pretty sore, and it's wicked annoying, because I used to not limit myself to trying anything, and now I am afraid to do a simple front handspring on the tramp. Im in the same situation as you, though I am not exactly advanced, I have progressed quite a bit, and now have taken a step back to basic things, I'm not even doing roundoffs right now

i tore my hamstring last year, i do acrobatics and my top was doing a handstand on my shoulders and i had to slide to splits. she was to big and too heavy for me, hence the sliding action tore my hamstring :( i didnt go to the physio for about a month and a half and since i am pretty flexible i got worried that i couldnt do splits anymore so kept pushing myself and made it worse :( i didnt take any time off though coz nationals was coming up :) i just didn't do very much for a few weeks

I got a grade 3 ankle sprain earlier this year and missed 3 meets. It's finally starting not to hurt when I tumble. :)

And last Saturday I was doing a roundoff on the low beam, landed weird, and like hyperextended/twisted my knee. It's pretty sore now (but a lot better than when it 1st happened, so I don't think it's anything serious). My coach doesn't want me to do anything this week but I have sectionals next weekend!

I hurt feet some how during my season (which is now over) and now they feel better. I just what i had to do and then stopped. In my case that would be 2 tumbling passes, and about 4 vaults a day.

A sprained ankle practising my floor routine. Sounds innocent I know but it really hurt. Not too bad though because I had to do lots of bars practice and I love bars!:)

the worst injury i have every had was when i fractured my growth plate in my heel. i had to wear boot on my left foot for 3 weeks in july. it was so hot!! i could only do bars but only kips and clear hips with a spot. it still hurts sometimes but iam much better!! that is my worst.

I had two grade 3 ankle sprains and broke my 5th metatarsal and displaced it a full centimeter. Crutches for 2 months. 6 months before I could go back to the gym. I'm so glad I can do everything now without issues.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back