outside coaching

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

lynneyc

Do your gyms allow gymnasts to have private lessons with coaches from other gyms? Do your gyms have rules/policies for private lessons?

we have no problem with girls going to coaches from other gyms because we are good friends with most of them in our area, but our owner does have a problem with our coaches taking girls to another gym to do a private. it something with money...

Our old gym had a strict policy that you could not talk to another gym between Sept and June. Our current gym doesn't have a written policy like the old gym did, but some people have been " counseled out" after trying another gym.

Our gym has a policy against girls taking private lessons at other gyms or facilities. Privates are okay if you set them up with coaches from our gym.

No policy though it is discouraged. I am currently doing it for complicated reasons. I have not talked to the coach about it lately or my goals in doing so but she knows. I think the coaches from all the gyms have some kind of clubhouse they go to, to smoke cigars.

I don't know our gyms policy on that as I haven't heard of it coming up. I would have to guess though unless it was for a very specific reason say you are going to get a spot on a double back because your gym does not have a coach capable of spotting that or maybe they have some piece of training equiptment that your gym doesn't that it would be a hard slap in the face.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back