Pageant Practice video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok this is a video of me im going to be in a pageant this summer and iknow it is a bit shaky but i choreographed this myself. it has few tumblimg passesin it but since it is a small space and im not cleared from my elbow injury i obviosly didnt do any of the tumbling. this will be performed on a stage and because i dislocated my elbow i know my right arm isnt straight, im still working on etting it straight but its suppposed tobe straightened by the time of the perforance. I would like some constructive critism on what i could fix.
This is the link: YouTube - Let it be pageant practice
Please let me know what you think!!

facials, facials, facials thats what the judges look for. make sure you spot your judges too when your on that stage-give them each a smile, your turns are very graceful, at the start when you bend one leg and bring the other up make sure that when you do it again on the opposite leg that they are even so maybe some flexibility work, it would be nice if you did the stretch out on flat foot then did a quick rise up onto your toes, make sure that when you come down from your switch ballet jump that you are landing back in the same position you started aka 3 not 4 and then step out and do your turn :), overall just make sure those toes are pointed those hands are soft and graceful and to SMILE hehe does this pageant have a time limit on your 'talent'/ 'outfit of a choice'? how is beauty going? is this glitz or a natural pageant? :)

Thanks for the info! Yea I never worry about facials while training or practicing but somehow when i get on that stage they come out! Ive always been that way because when im on stage i dont concentrate i just let it go and while practicing I really concentrate! haha Its a natural pageant, its NAMISS if youve heard of it, and yea this pageant does but when i origianlly did this it was for a talent show and i wasnt told of the time limit until a few days ago and havnt had the chance to re-choreo it. yea it was a little wobbly and i didnt have the space to really exten on some things. which part are you talking about when you say the falt feet? im a little confused haha!

haha yes i have heard of that pageant i hope you do well. the part at the start where you extend your left leg up and your right leg is bent you should come up really quick straightening out your supporting leg and come up on your toes lol get it now? haha

I think I get what your saying, but its bent and Im not sure about this video but in one of the others that I shot of my self it comes all the way extended and on toes but it goes with the music which is kinda slow in the begining, but Ill try it how your saying and look at which looks better. Because you never know while performing you always know at the replay.haha

haha yeah i just thought it might look cool to come up on a rise :) goodluck

Thanks! but unfortunatley im not going to be using it this year... i Have to wait another year due to money issues with my hospital bills my parents are making me wait a year to start this pageant again but said I could maybe do a cheaper one... So there is a 50/50 chance ill actually get to use it. but that just gives me extra time to practice haha.

Yea, but I guess in reality itll be better for me to get back into gymnastics and re-learn all of my optional skills, and build up a ton of strength I lost and everything else tht comes with the sport. But im thankful this injury was better then what it could of been. And just like in your sig. "everything happens for a reason" im not sure what this reason is yet but maybe ill find out... This pageant was important to me but my gymnastics means so much moreright now, and just going to the gym doing simple leg and ab workouts has been greatfor me but, still in the back of my mind there is dissapointment, but overall when i think about it not doing the major pageant this year is better for me since Im still recovering from a pretty major injury :/

Yea, but I guess in reality itll be better for me to get back into gymnastics and re-learn all of my optional skills, and build up a ton of strength I lost and everything else tht comes with the sport. But im thankful this injury was better then what it could of been. And just like in your sig. "everything happens for a reason" im not sure what this reason is yet but maybe ill find out... This pageant was important to me but my gymnastics means so much moreright now, and just going to the gym doing simple leg and ab workouts has been greatfor me but, still in the back of my mind there is dissapointment, but overall when i think about it not doing the major pageant this year is better for me since Im still recovering from a pretty major injury :/
exactly you will have more time to practice and your arm will have straightened out by then and you will do better since you would have had more time to practice. haha yeah, dont worry ur skills will come back and you will have an awesome 2011.... :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back