Peeling to face

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lately I've been working on competing level 8, so I've been practicing cast handstand, clear hip handstand, giant, giant, flyaway on the high bar. I've been getting pretty good at it lately and was getting closer to getting rid of the spot.

However, when my coach spots me, he moves me over to the side a lot, so I have to jump where there is no chalk. Usually it doesn't bother me and I suck it up because I have grips, but today it didn't happen that way.

I did my clear hip and first giant just fine, but on my second giant i felt my left hand nearly slip off of the bar, and on my swing down into the flyaway I peeled nearly 15 feet from the bar to my face. I was okay, but it was really scary.

The part that stinks is that my coach thinks I let go on purpose because sometimes i let go early, but that turn I let go while my feet were under the bar, and I told him it wasn't on purpose. I got scared and wouldn't go again for the rest of bars.

How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

1. learn to fly away from clear hip 1st.

2. learn to fly away from 1 giant.

3. then learn to fly away from 2 giants.

what you did happens when 'you get ahead of yourself'. not because there was no chalk on that certain part of the bar.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back