WAG Pike on?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mrs. Puma

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
DD told me last night that HC wants her to "pike on" to the high bar vs squat on? Is this easier or harder? Any advantage? I'm sure there is a method to his madness, but just curious! Thanks!

It's an upgrade to the skill; its a good thing. The upgrade only matters at the optional levels; is that where she is?
Oh good! She is doing Xcel Gold right now instead of compulsories and his plan is to have her score out of 4/5 and start optionals in the fall.

Squat on vs pike on is meaningless in terms of value or really even negligible difficulty difference, depends on the kid. Personally I teach a true squat on (bottom down) at first, so they won't fall forward onto their arms. When they get more confident, many people will naturally gravitate toward more of a pike on motion, though perhaps not with locked legs.

The reasons could be anything and are impossible to speculate. Could be that she can't do the squat one with knees together, maybe he wants her to learn the pike on, maybe she goes the wrong way when she does a squat on but not the pike on.

Usually doesn't have as many deductions. My coach has me do it because it looks nicer. For me it isn't harder, for others they fall more on it. Depends on the kid

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back