Poll: Straddle or Pike Kip?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am on mobile, but on the second row there is a little smile symbol. Not sure why you can't see it, but it may be different on mobile.

I think I just have to try to figure out how to make the other emojis on the app :) ( sorry for posting so much i am trying to reach 30 posts)

I post a lot too. Are you trying to get in a group that requires 30 posts?

Oh I'm in the hair group. I'm a region 7. You'll get there fast. Just go on a posting frenzy. :)

I used to do pike, but since I am probably to talk for gymnastics it was getting harder to get power woke trying to to hit the floor. So I switched to straddle and it is so much easier

I used to do pike, but since I am probably to talk for gymnastics it was getting harder to get power woke trying to to hit the floor. So I switched to straddle and it is so much easier
Same with me

I think pike glide is better to learn at first, and straddle should be a option if you really can't get the pikes. I think this because straddle glides often hurt people's hip flexors, and because pike is harder. If you are strong enough to do a pike glide, then you can do other skills more easily.
RisingGymnast: Don't give up! Kips are very hard to learn. Many people say they are the hardest skills to learn.

I straddle. However, I'm fairly tall.... Especially compared to my teammates. But I can make an ok pike kip.

I'm tall, but I learned pikes first. After having my kip for about 3 months I switched to straddle simply because they are easier. Now I only straddle, but some days I pike just to switch it up a bit, haha.

I think pike glide is better to learn at first, and straddle should be a option if you really can't get the pikes. I think this because straddle glides often hurt people's hip flexors, and because pike is harder. If you are strong enough to do a pike glide, then you can do other skills more easily.
RisingGymnast: Don't give up! Kips are very hard to learn. Many people say they are the hardest skills to learn.

Yes! I learned pike first and then eventually switched to straddle. But I also tore my left hip flexor from doing push away straddle kips!! It hurt so badly and effected my gymnastics for about 2 weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back