Post-Gymnastics Life Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As some may remember, I posted 5-6 months ago that I decided to move on from gym and go to diving... Well, I am THRIVING in the pool. I had districts for high school diving on Tuesday (7:30am... yuck) and got second place with a 354.00, which I think is pretty good, but I've been used to a max of 40.00 for the last 12 years :/ I go to regionals on Monday morning, and I'm super nervous but excited at the same time.
Here's my dives from districts:

Looking great! I love watching people dive. Especially head-first landings because you (well hopefully!) never see them in gymnastics.

Thanks! I actually made the transition from landing on my feet to landing on my head a lot better than most gymnasts... Although I did land on my face a lot when I was training L10 my last year of gym...

I'm glad you've found another sport you're passionate about! Good luck at regionals!

Well, competed at regionals yesterday. Got 6th out of 7, but if all goes as planned, I'll still make states. Diving competitions are weird... 4 districts make a region and there are 4 regions in my state, so states isn't really states... Wasn't my best day, but I had never been to that pool or used the boards before (and they were terrible!), 2 of the judges had no idea what they were doing... So not exactly the best circumstances, but I'm proud of myself for pushing through

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back