WAG Pull over on bars?????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Bars is something i struggle with, i pretty much have my kip and I have my chin up pullover of one leg. My teacher says that if I want to compete I have to have my chin up pullover of two feet slow. But I can't do it it's to hard I can never get on the bar. Advice?

My DD is 6 and has been having issues with this for a year. She has great core strength, but lacks upper body strength. Her coach recommended she work on her strength at home, and so now, every day, she does 10 x slow chin-ups, making sure to put her chin on top of the bar each time and hold it there for 10 seconds. 10 x slow leg raises. 2 x rope climbs, hands only. She can now do her chin-up pullover. It's not neat, but it's getting there, and she's now pulling up to it properly, rather than jumping up to the bar and throwing herself over.

Just lots of conditioning, lots of practice, lots of patience - and you'll get it!

Compete Xcel and a run out pullover is an allowable skill thru at least Silver and i am pretty sure Gold... Or, you could do the "jump to front support-immediate back hip circle" mount until your pullover was strong enough or your kip was solid.

Thanks for the help, i am in gold. Options are kips
Or chin up pullover from two feet
That must be your coach's rule. Run out pullover is on the list of acceptable Gold mounts.

Of course our gym tries to give as many girls the option of competing as possible, so we are willing to let them compete the easier mount while working on the harder ones.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back