MAG Pull over on high bar... HELP!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

klunt

Gymnast
Ok my first level 5 meet is in a week and i cant do a pullover by myself without my feet touching the floor. I have tried conditioning, drills, spotters you name it. I have strong enough arms I just cant get my legs over the bar! I'm really scared that I'll make my team lose if I can't do a pullover if I fall on my kip. Please help I need it real soon!!!

I am not a judge but I thought that if you fell on your kip and were still holding onto the bar that it was the same deduction as falling off the bar. Wouldn't you be better off getting of the bar and then doing a swing pullover (baby giant I think you call them) not sure if this is a possible solution

From what I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong judges) You can ask your coach to help you up there and it is the same deduction.
Some coaches aren't willing to do this but my coach will do it. You just fall from your kip, stay holding onto the bar and then keep a really tight straight body and then push you up from your legs and then you push up into front support.

Obviously if your coach isn't will then I'm not sure, as gymgurl said a 'baby giant' is an option.
Oooh I remember the other one I've seen girls do, you hook one leg through your arms and hook it around the bar and the hoist yourself up as you would if you fell from a mill circle, this doesn't really require much strength from the stomach/legs and can be done without a coach.

is this a men's or women's question...i'm confused.

Thanks!!

I'll ask my coach about the baby giant option but isn't every extra swing you take a deduction? Or is that just for elite?

oh... you have a coach? still don't know if you are talking about boys high bar or girls uneven bars. so then, go ask your coach these questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back