DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
How weird...a purple venue for gymnastics.

purple-olympic-gym.jpg

Wow...it's fun for a meet...but I don't think I could workout there. I'm a guy though.

I love pink and purple so both gyms are right up my alley and JBS you know only real men can wear and handle PINK ;-)

There's a local gym in my area that uses purple. A lot of the girls actually comment saying that it makes it easier when they go to more neutral colored gyms because they're used to something so outrageous that nothing bothers them elsewhere.

It's actually pink! It's has some purple, and alittle bit of green. I personally don't like it, but it's for breast cancer awareness. But this could be distracting to the gymnasts, but I doubt it. It looks like something from barbie!

I really dislike the color scheme. I don't understand why they couldn't have gone for something classic. What's wrong with blue? It is the Olympics for Pete's sake, not the Nastia Liukin Supergirl Cup.

I love pink and purple so both gyms are right up my alley and JBS you know only real men can wear and handle PINK ;-)

:p "It's not pink it's coral." - DH

Tell your husband, thats not coral. I've been trying to find the name of the official color and I have not seen it listed. The most common references are to Pink and Fushia. The goal is to INSPIRE a new generation so all of the colors are supposed to be young and fresh. We will see lots of turquoise, purple, orange and pink. All sports were assigned a color and inside sports got orange and pink.

It's the same colour scheme as they had at the test event/trial in January and once they have the floor and other equipment in place it doesn't look like such an expanse of pink.
Personally I thought the overall effect was quite cool and it didn't strike me as odd at the time... maybe it will look a bit brighter on tv?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back