WAG Qualifying for Level 9 Easterns

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Since you were comparing the oldest age group to a JR age group, you will find in pretty much every region that the oldest age groups at L9 (Sr 6- 8) are going to be overall lower qualifying scores compared to the other age groups as for the most part, the most talented kids are doing L10 at this age. If you look at individual regions, you will often see 34's in the higher sr groups going and 37s in the JRs not making it.
And, there is a lot of variation in sizes of regions and sizes of age groups. My dd just competed in a L10 age group of 30. The age groups for different ages and different regions varied from 3 (yes only 3!) to 35+ for L10. Before they added the 4 age groups for this year, there were age groups with 45. Even at L10 in our region the qualifying score (7th place) varied from a 37.4 to a low of a high 35.
Yup. You are correct. Like I said, I was just going for the biggest difference. But @BachFlyer did a nice comparison somewhere up there ^^^. But your point is another good one when analyzing all this (again I just find it all very interesting!) , those youngest age groups can be really competative. And like someone else said, gymnastics will never be fair. I tell Puma Jr she can't worry about the things she can't control, and all she can control is attitude and effort. It's really about each gymnast's individual journey :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back