Question for Canadians about training hours

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
Specifically about CPN program training hours if you have the program at your gym. How many hours per week? Is it the same if they are Aspire or Elite? If they are 8, 9 or 10?

I know there aren't many here that offer the program, but I think a few do!

Thank you in advance.

In our gym when you first come into the program (at least when my DD did ay 7yo) she trained 16 hours and in the same year it went up to 20 hours a week. At the beginning of last year when she was placed with the head coaches it was 25 hours a week as follows:

Mon 1:30 - 6:30pm
Tues 3:30 - 8:30pm
Wed off day
Thurs 3:30 - 8:30pm
Fri 1:30 - 6:30pm
Sat off
Sun 1- 6pm

As she struggled with fear and injuries around Christmas and we decided she was not going to compete until next year I pulled her back to the "pre" pre-novice group which trains as follows:

Mon 3:30pm - 7:30pm
Tues 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Wed off
Thurs 3:30pm - 6:30pm
Fri 1:30pm - 6:30pm
Sat off
Sun 1 - 6pm

This schedule does not seem to change much and in the summer they get 3 weeks off in July and then train the 5 hours a day, five days a week.

They don't seem to look at the ages, but then again my DD has always been the youngest. I am not sure what they will do as they usually bring in only 2 and sometimes 3 girls to the group, but getting it to work for the parents is difficult. Driving leaving school early 4 out of 5 days just does not work for everyone.

How does your program work?

Well my dd came to a new club last year and the plan was from the beginning to do the cpn. But she was at 12 hours doing ODP at her old gym and they went to 16 when she started here with the goal being cpn this year which midway we decided against.

SO

We have just received the packages for next year and they are recommending 25 hours per week.

Monday to Friday from 1-6.

My dd has been accepted at a sports school where they have small classes and a compacted 3 hour day in order for her to train in the afternoons each day. I understood when we applied for the school her hours would increase, just all of a sudden I have second thoughts.

And the coaches said that most girls in the cpn program are training between 25 and 30 hours a week.

When we applied for the school and spoke with the coaches it seemed different than when this reality of the number of hours comes up (along with the costs).

I guess I just wanted to hear if other cpn kids are really training these hours.

Thanks for your response.

And the coaches said that most girls in the cpn program are training between 25 and 30 hours a week.

When we applied for the school and spoke with the coaches it seemed different than when this reality of the number of hours comes up (along with the costs).

I guess I just wanted to hear if other cpn kids are really training these hours.

Thanks for your response.

Here that is common. No CPN at my gym, but I know at surrounding gyms they train 24-30 hours a week. Some split train (3 hours morning, 3 hours afternoon) 4-5 days a week. Other gyms have their girls in for 4 hours a day, 6 days a week. But in short, clubs with CPN have those hours here too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back