Parents Question on judges notes...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

BPD304

Proud Parent
Today at my DD L4 practice meet she got notes back on her events on things to work on. One of the notes said she must squat in her double flip flop. What does that mean? Is that for after the round off prior to the first flip flop?

I have limited gymnastics knowledge &
I didn't want to bother the coaches as I'm sure they had enough going on with the practice meet. So, I thought I would ask here [emoji3]

It's a lot more likely they were trying to write "too much squat." I would have your daughter think about what the coaches usually tell her when she practices RO BHS. But if she is confused, better to let the coaches know. I would rather get an email than a child trying to squat in her RO handsprings because she didn't understand my handwriting.

Ok at old gym the big girls called it a bhs...by the time mine was doing it at second gym it was a flip flop. I have also heard of flick flac. And I hate all the different terms honestly....because I never know what is going on!

I hate all different names but yes the RO/BHS/BHS. I will find her video of it from Sunday (just a tumbling session not meet) see if anyone can tell me what's wrong.

If I posted this right... here is her RO BHS BHS. She needs to work on keeping her feet together but not sure if she has too much squat or not enough[emoji23]

Hmm...not that bad but she doesn't travel backwards in the second handspring. Perhaps they were trying in some way to say that (that she needs to sit back/move her hips back). I'm really not sure now. Generally you don't want a "squat" anywhere though.

I think the 'squat' they are meaning in between flips. In her second flip her hands are coming underneath her feet. Where she need to sit back and lift her hips. I tell my gymnasts to "sit in there chair" before lifting hips and lengthening the flip.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back