MAG random question re: shorts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
sigh. poor boys! Do they wear the boy cut singlets? I know the one year we had boy cut singlets and short shorts, you could see the singlet peeking out....

sigh. poor boys! Do they wear the boy cut singlets? I know the one year we had boy cut singlets and short shorts, you could see the singlet peeking out....
They do wear the boy cut. GK doesn't make the other cut anymore. They don't show though.

that's good. I don't know why it showed on some of our boys that year. It was really quite funny.

Our boys wear short. And a few find it weird at first but they get used to it.

Reactions: sce
We do short. I think most of the gyms around here also do short. Personally, I prefer the look of the long.

Short - and they don't get a choice. At Wimbledon you wear white - and comp shorts are short. That's just the way it is :)

I guess I never saw it this way. Most gyms around here wear long.

Our owner has 3 (older now) boys. She is always looking at their uniforms to make sure they are masculine. She said it can be hard enough on theboys since gymnastics is typically seen as a girl sport, so she makes sure their uniforms are "manly" (her word, not mine). So the longer shorts...

We may be going with longs this year, but previously it was short. I think the short ones look good on the compact muscly guys. Unfortunately, they make my kid look like a daddy longlegs out there on floor and vault.

We have done long in the past but are doing new uniforms from Under Armour this year....they do not do the long version, only the short. We'll see how it goes!!!

Reactions: sce
We changed from short to long last year. I think my son prefers long. He has one day of practice that he has to wear his comp shorts and will not leave the gym until he puts something on over his comp shorts...even the longer ones! :)

At our gym we use the longer ones. The short ones look too much like underwear boxers.
I've seen some of the top guys wearing short ones at international events and doing things like a Japanese press lets them slip to the waist then it looks like all they have on is a girl cut leotard. Wasn't the best look.

That said, when you can do the skills those guys can do, I don't think people pay much mind to what they wear. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back