Parents Rhythmic & Artistic?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

greyhoundrescue

Due to some schedule conflicts/changes, my girls spent a week training at the same time as the relatively new rhythmic team was.

Well, one girl thought the whole thing looked "silly, Mommy". But her sister was ENTHRALLED. Her main strengths right now are floor and beam, so I guess it kind of seemed similar? IDK. She begged and pleaded her way into staying an hour later twice this past week to try it out. The rhythmic coach was really enthusiastic and invited her to join pre-team to start, telling me privately that she thought moving up would probably happen quickly.

Has anyone dealt with this? Is it possible to train in both? I don't really know much about rhythmic and the program's only a little more than a year old at the gym.

DD's gym has rythmic and artistic and there are girls who do both. I think you can do it through level 5, maybe 6, but once they get to higher levels, they need to choose one. They seem like they'd be generally complimentary, so I don't see any reason to not let her try both and see which one she likes better.

Wow! That's awesome!! We don't have a rythmic team at our gym (but we do have an acro team). I could see my dd doing really well with the dance and flexibility side of the rythmic, it is just the ball, rope, club and hoop tossing (and catching) that would be VERY challenging for my dd!!! LOL

But that sounds like a great opportunity for your dd! Like ZJsMom said, after a while it may get too hard to do both and one will need to be chosen. But for now--have fun with it!!! It sounds like a very fun opportunity! Keep us posted!

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I think it might be a great opportunity. I'm going to try to sit down this weekend and make sure the schedule will work. Keep you all posted!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back