Parents Rossiter

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
Reaction score
So, has anyone used Rossiter for an injury? We are considering it for D's back, as it still hurts quite a bit. I have had a couple of people recommend it, but was wondering if anyone else had tried it.

No idea what Rossiter is but I was wondering if you'd tried TENS. Some kids on both the boys' and girls' side at my kids' gym have had some encouraging results.

(For our part, we are back in waiting-for-diagnosisland. Insurance is dragging its feet on approving MRI.)

We own a TENS unit and he uses it almost daily. It helps, but it is short term. So far he has done some PT with ultrasound, TENS, lidocaine patches, ice, heat, stretching utilizing PT stretches, foam roller, and Osteopathic manipulation. He goes back to the osteopath on Thursday, but I think unless he can get these muscles moving the right way again, it is going to keep hurting :(

Here is some info if you are interested: http://therossitersystem.com/

I hate waiting on the MRI! Ours, of course, doesn't really cover it, but we did get the "insurance discount" LOL. SO instead of 5 fingers.....just 3 1/2.

Boy, he has really been around the block on this, hasn't he? Our boys' coach swears by osteopathy but I am coming to conclude that there just is no magic bullet. I'm trying to get DD to look at the Hybrid Perspective stuff but then there is the teenager factor, which I know is some of the joy you are also experiencing. Glad about the insurance discount for you -- I guess it helps some. Ugh.

D had his first Rossiter appt tonight. Amazing so far. She did mostly an evaluation on him, but did some work as well. She said he is so tight in the hamstrings/quads/back/hips that he barely moves them when he walks. He could arch about 5 degrees at the start with a level 5-6 pain. She did a lot of stretches with him that looked easy and like no big deal, but he said they hurt (good hurt, not bad). By the end, he was walking loosely, moving hips and arms, and could arch about 45 degrees with level 3-4 pain. I am sold. He said it hurt, but was a good pain, and really did help.

She wanted to see him 2 times next week, but I could only do 1 wiht practices and work schedules, but got him in for 2 the next week. We are optimistic for the first time in months. I so hope this works! She said she is really going to have to "unwind him"

Wonderful! I need to look up Rossiter but if it helped then yay!

Wonderful! I need to look up Rossiter but if it helped then yay!

Everyone has said that :) 2 other gymnasts at our gym use it too. So far, I am very impressed! I think all gymnasts should know about this!

Everyone has said that :) 2 other gymnasts at our gym use it too. So far, I am very impressed! I think all gymnasts should know about this!

How does he feel a few days after the first treatment?

Really hope this get rid of his back pain altogether. It is interesting to me that it's is tightness in other areas that is causing his issues. really does make sense, glad it's getting figure out.

So, so far so good. He goes back tomorrow. I am interested to see the translation to gym tonight. Saturday he was limited....therapists orders. But tonight he should not be....fingers crossed.

Really interested to know how it goes for him. I have some hip issues that Rossiter might help (PT, chiro, and massage haven't worked) but we don't have any Rossiter coaches in my area :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back