roundoff backhandspring back tuck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ok, so im a third year level 5 and have faced many injuries over the years i have just got back to doing everything and am trying to move up to level 6. my tumbling isnt the strongest but i need to get my back tuck any suggestions to help me get my back tuck sooner?

Ask your coach..they know what drills are best for you and how to help you get your tuck better than anyone else :) Private lessons might be helpful too if you have the means to do so!

At our gym, the back tuck is one of those "sacred" skills that the coach doesn't want anyone doing on their own and only wants the girls going through the progression of drills he uses. He says if they learn it on their own, it will take years to undo their bad habits.

Without knowing what your tumbling or problems are now, it's hard to say really.

A gymnast does not need to be able to do a standing back tuck to connect one to a RoundOffBackHandSpring.

Of course, doing them with their coach on trampoline, in a harness, off a snapdown drill (using a minitramp and block).

My only prerequisite would be a ROBHSBHS with a good rebound. Ideally, a gymnast should also be able to do a series of BHS on floor or tumbletrack (3-5).

First of all, I understand your pain. I've been faced with many injuries, and it's hard to re-gain skills. Second, I think the only people that can really answer this question are your coaches, and possibly coaches on this thread. Your coaches are the ones that understand you, and know your strengths and weaknesses in tumbling, and they also know what equipment they have to do drills. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to give you drills to do. One of the things the level 4 and 5 coaches do at my gym is putting a tall crash mat at the end of the tumble track, then doing a round-off back handspring, high set onto the tall crash mat, while lifting their hips up. Good luck! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back