Rules for Floor Music Q (voices)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm asking for a friend....
Are voices allowed on your floor music, not lyrics, but opera style sounds. Anyone know the rule on this?

email Toni Rand [email protected] or Debbie Kornegay [email protected] and send them the link to youtube and ask the question. they have sat on committees in regards to 'legal' floor music. a girl used this at worlds. i think from australia. but what's legal at the elite level may not be at JO. let me know what they say.:)

Thanks, she sent it to Deb, will let you know. Do you know the name of Elite Gymnast that used this at Worlds, would like to google her routine.

Didn't Gabrielle douglas have words at the start, i think it was something like "Hey Hey, Yeah Yeah" but now they have been taken out...were they not allowed, surely at the elite level they would know what they could and could not have

It is very nice music. Could they come up with enough of it that doesn't have voices? My DD friend used an Alice in Wonderland piece that had voices. I am not sure if it cost her ay deductions but she used it for two years. Alicia Sacromone has voices in one of hers recently too. In fact it is also from Jorge Quintero.
Alicia Sacramone floor music 2011 - YouTube

Last edited:
They could come up with enough from that 5 min piece without voices, of course, the best dramatic parts has them! She's waiting on an answer from our Region & she also emailed Jorge to see if he would consider removing them for her. The music you posted is full of voices! I really don't see the big deal, it sounds great!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back