• ChalkBucket Does Not Provide Medical Advice

Always first seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding an injury / medical condition. This forum is simply here to share your injury & recovery experiences and what has worked or not worked for you and your athlete.

Shoulder injury since 3 years

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Lilian111

Coach
Gymnast
Hello everyone,

I've been injured for 3 years now. My name is Lilian, I'm 21 and I'm passionate about sport. Now I can't do any sport and suffer daily without being able to do anything...

I injured myself 3 years ago... The pain persisted for months. Immediately afterwards I stopped everything and decided to go and see a physiotherapist and have some clinical tests. So I decided to have MRIs, scans, ultrasounds and X-rays and despite all that, nothing showed that I had anything wrong...

After months of physiotherapy, there was still no noticeable improvement.

So I tried mobility, osteo, physio, Chinese medicine, chiro, rheumatologist, sports doctor, shoulder surgeon, neurologist, but no one was able to find out what was wrong with me...

Today I'm still suffering every day, whether it's when I breathe, with severe cracking in my shoulder, the impossibility of doing simple things and the appearance of oedema in the sternoclavicular joint for 6 months now...

So I'm turning to you because I don't know what else I can do to get better one day...

I had an infiltration in my shoulder 1 month ago and it's been 1 month since I stopped doing sport altogether. I've had physiotherapy sessions but after 1 month I can't see any significant improvement and I still have this sensation of something moving in the sternoclavicular joint, with swelling at the slightest movement and cracking when I breathe, when I wake up and all the time...

I had another infiltration recently and still no improvement.

I'd really like to be cured one day, so I thought I'd post this message on this forum in the hope of getting some help and finally putting an end to this suffering that's been going on for so long...

Thanks in advance and sorry for the big message ahah... Have a great evening!

PS: I'm posting a photo of where the cracks and swelling are.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    465.8 KB · Views: 24

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Such a cool transition! 🤩

2024 Gymnastics For All GymFest

Back