WAG Showing off our coach's gift

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Becauseisaid

Proud Parent
This turned out so much better than I expected that I have to show it off since I got the idea on here. This was my daughter's gift to one of her coaches. (Another one got a revamped Candy Land, but I forgot to take pictures)

barsopoly1.jpg

barsopoly2.jpg

barsopoly3.jpg

barsopoly4.jpg

Wow this one looks even better than the one I did! Good job! My gymnasts really liked it but it took a lot of work to make it. She must have been thrilled!

Thank you all! Especially @catou! I couldn't remember who on here had posted the original idea to thank! It was a lot of work, but the end result was so great, I can't be mad. :p I have to say that I amused the heck out of myself with the Chance cards.

"Coach Akisha got knocked out by a bad dismount. Take a water break."
"You made it to Nationals....by buying a ticket. Move to Nationals."
"Someone turned on the radio. Do the chicken dance and 25 sit ups."

Mine was a conditioning game. My gymnasts don't have enough skills to be able to have a board for a single event. I could post a picture once the christmas break is over, but it'll be written in french.

But wow, I love your chance cards!!!

Mine looked like that:
  • you have 2 minutes to find Caterine's (me) planning binder (I swear there is a black hole in that gym)
  • Go ask a coach in the gym (anybody but me and my co-coach) for something to do
  • Go help a teammate (should see them trying to help someone doing leg lifts...)

Mine was a conditioning game. My gymnasts don't have enough skills to be able to have a board for a single event. I could post a picture once the christmas break is over, but it'll be written in french.

I would love to see your board! Though I will have to use an interpreter to read it. ;) Honestly, I was surprised at just how many simple skills/conditioning skills my daughter and I were able to put together for the Bars.

I got inspired by you and just spent a few hours making my own Conditioning Game for my gymnasts. Gotta love these holidays... Too much free time. And it's spent on doing things like this. We coaches do ANYTHNG to make your kids LOVE the conditioning, I can tell you.

My game is almost like yours but there is red, blue and green spaces. The red spaces are upper body, blue spaces are core and green spaces are legs conditioning. There is also two Special Spaces for chance cards random exercises). When you complete for example one red exercise you'll get a red mark. You have to roll the dice and circle the board as long as you have earned at least three red, blue AND green marks. If a gymnasts already has three red marks but she enters a red space again she can't skip it.
Every time you pass the Start space you are allowed to pick one white card. The white cards are nice cards and they may allow you to skip something or take one mark away from somebody else.

The winner is the gymnast who is the first one to complete three red, blue and green exercises! So when the game is over the conditioning of the day is done and most likely they have also done many extra exercises when playing the game. The winning is not only about strength, it's also about luck so the weaker girls may win sometimes too :)

I'll post a picture later if you wanna see... The text is in Finnish thought

Haha, nope, that's not piece of foam from our pit! It's actually a specimen of those harder foam pieces that make spring floor bounce!

And yeah Finnish is such an unique language. Estonian is the only language that has some same words with it. Finnish does NOT base on Latin like almost all other languages in Western world :)

I love it! Makes me want to make one for our girls. I love the concept of 3 of each type of conditioning.

Now my mind is working...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back