skill name

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mado4

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi
I am trying to find a skill name again. We call it Sole(german).
You are in a front support on the uneven bars, cast, bring both legs onto the bar-straight legs and legs are together- fall backward and make a full turn.

name ???

and if you "fly" out of this position on the high bar...what is the name of this fly then ?

I hope I made sense :(

i don't know what we call it here in AUS but the full turn thing is a roundie round in america well thats what i have heard people call it and the fly out to high bar is called a hiccup here in AUS :)

Hi
I am trying to find a skill name again. We call it Sole(german).
You are in a front support on the uneven bars, cast, bring both legs onto the bar-straight legs and legs are together- fall backward and make a full turn.

name ???

and if you "fly" out of this position on the high bar...what is the name of this fly then ?

I hope I made sense :(

i think you mean a full circle around the bar, not a turn.

it's called a toe (feet inside the hands) or sole (feet outside the hands) circle. if you dismount it is called a sole circle dismount.

Yes, this is a toe circle. I don't know what you'd call it if you did a shoot out...at my gym, if you're "flying off" during the skill, it's almost always from a handstand, and then it's called a toe-on to handstand or toe-on catch to high bar if it's a bar transition. Hope I helped.

sounds like a sole circle [australia]
if you shoot your legs off, its a toeshoot
if you do a toeshoot and catch the top bar its a hiccup.

hope i helped!

We call that a toe circle or sole circle, and if you shoot to the high bar, a toe hecht.

We call it toe-pop (like the dismount is toe front) or toe-on-catch; also heard chinese sit-up; hiccup; sole circle catch

we call it a sole circle in Australia and if you shoot to the high bar from this position (i.e. you don't jump from feet) we call it a toe shoot or a hiccup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back