Skills Needed for Levels in Canada

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I was hoping that someone could tell me all the skills that are needed for each level. Also, how do you pass each level? Do you have to take an exam?

I don't think we have any Canadian coaches on here right now. EMail the federation in your province they will run the training programmes and will tell you what you need.

I coach in Canada

But it depends on the province I think. Go to ogf.com for the Ontario levels.. that's what I am sure the other provinces/territories do too

Hi Mag
Go to Gymnastics Ontario Click on Women's Artistic, Then click on Rules and Regulations, Section I (i.ii) is for the Ontario Competitive Program, There is also a section I (i.iii) for Master's competition. I hope this helps!

It depends where in Canada, but in Alberta,
P1- Bars: pullover, cast to horizontal, tuck on, long hand pullover straddle off
- Beam: handstand, cartwheel, half turn pivot turn, straight jump tuck jump and round off or front handspring off
- Vault- Front handspring to back on mats (no table)
- Floor: One tumbling line, full turn, leap series

P2- Bars: Kip, cast horizontal, tuck of, kip, flyaway (or straddle off)
- Beam: 2 Acros different directions each, full turn, leap/ jump series, dismount (front tuck, back tuck, front handspring)
- Vault: Front handspring over table
- Floor: two tumbling lines, full turn, leap series

P3- Bars: Kip cast to horizontal, sole circle, uprise, kip, flyaway (layout, tuck, half, full, or straddle off half), this routine also often includes a cast to handstand and a giant but not always
- Beam: An acro series, backwards acro, acro with flight, full turn, leap/ jump series, dismount (bonus for acro into dismount)
- Vault: Front handspring over table or half or full (full is full start value)
- Floor: Full turn (often double), two tumbling lines (bonus for an extra tumbling salto individual or in series, bonus for two saltos in same line), leap series

P4 and P5- ?
Hope this helps, but only if in Alberta

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back