Parents Starting PT next week does anyone know anything about Short Pulse ultrasound?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

Sydsmom

As you know DD has a stress fracture of the L3. Doctor ordered short pulse ultrasound physical therapy to start this coming Wednesday. Can anyone offer any advise or questions/comments/idea's or really anything we should know about regarding this therapy?

AYTHING is appreciated. I can't find much online except that it helps the bone to heal faster....

Thank you in advance!!!

K

WHat you read is basically what it is. It is safe and painless.

Other then that pay close attention to any excercises they give her to do at home, some of my DD's required a lot of focus from her and some help from me.

WHat you read is basically what it is. It is safe and painless.

Other then that pay close attention to any excercises they give her to do at home, some of my DD's required a lot of focus from her and some help from me.

Thanks!! I will make sure to take notes. It's funny because if it was for me I wouldn't be so freaked out!!!

Your dd should be fine with PT! I am a PT, and the biggest issues with orthopedic injuries like your dd's is NOT doing the exercises as indicated. Therapists can tell when clients aren't following the "program".

Do the exercises at the frequency indicated, rest as prescribed and use ice/heat if indicated. Generally, if you follow the instructions, the healing will come! Make sure that dd does her PT "homework".

Sending wishes for a full, strong recovery!!

I totally agree Ginnymac, DD had some strengthenng excercises that required foussing on some tiny underlyinng back muscles. Isolating and working out how to engage them required a lot of work and focus. Even at 14 she still needed me to help her.

Our PT emailed the excercises from a data bank with video and pictures, this helped remeber them, but also to remeber all the intricacies of them. New ones would be added when she made progress, and some altered if the effect wasn't forthcoming.

If she, with your help, can be faithful to the program it might mean the difference in surgery or no surgery.

I totally agree Ginnymac, DD had some strengthenng excercises that required foussing on some tiny underlyinng back muscles. Isolating and working out how to engage them required a lot of work and focus. Even at 14 she still needed me to help her.

Our PT emailed the excercises from a data bank with video and pictures, this helped remeber them, but also to remeber all the intricacies of them. New ones would be added when she made progress, and some altered if the effect wasn't forthcoming.

If she, with your help, can be faithful to the program it might mean the difference in surgery or no surgery.

Thank you all so much and Bog for your insight! If I know my DD as much as I think I do..she will short change the workouts. but I'll make sure either myself of hubby is with her, helping, guiding and getting the most out of them she can!
She has been very lucky in her life. Almost all things come very easily to her..but I have a feeling they are about to get harder!!

I had short pulse after after a relapse at Mayo Clinic (between 1st and 2nd laminectomies). It was administered by my PT and it didn't hurt at all. I laid on a table with these very relaxing wet heat packs and the sp therapy was done between pt and before acupuncture. The acupuncture scared me (intensely) before my first time but I think it played a big part in my recovery from both surgeries. My 2nd surgery was in CT and I didn't do short pulse and it was over 18 months before I was pain free. Maybe just a coincidence?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back