State Qualifier and Judges Cup Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
She qualified!

The meet started very rough. They were first on beam and the warm up lasted all of 1 min. She was able to do her series (cartwheel/cartwheel) once before competing. She fell on her series and her full turn. She was in tears which in turn made me cry too. Soo hard to watch them beat themselves up!! I actually had to leave so she would not see me. 6.35 - no place

Next was floor - nice routine 8.775- no place
Vault - 7.95 - never understand vault - no place
Bars - 9.050 super nice routine . 1st on bars

AA score was a 32.125

All in all it was a good day. She qualified and was the bar champion!! I am so proud of her bouncing back after beam !!

Congratulations on qualifying - gymnastics is such an emotional roller coaster! I'm sure you are happy and proud that she could bounce back from the rough start!

JUst shows how tough she is. The fact that she could bounce back so well after beam and really nail that bar routine is wonderful. Great that she qualified too!

Congrats on qualifying for state! It really is an emotional roller coaster for gymnasts and parents alike. I'm not sure I'll ever feeling nervous while DD is competing (especially on beam!). Focus on the positives -- great bars score!

Aw. So sorry she had that trouble on beam. DD has her first xcel meet next weekend and is VERY nervous about the full turn...I almost expect her to fall on that and BWO on her first meet just because she is thinking about it so much!!

It is GREAT that she composed herself and came back and nailed bars and floor...and vault, well, that's vault, who knows. Congrats to her on making states!!!!!! Woo hoo!

Aw. So sorry she had that trouble on beam. DD has her first xcel meet next weekend and is VERY nervous about the full turn...I almost expect her to fall on that and BWO on her first meet just because she is thinking about it so much!!

It is GREAT that she composed herself and came back and nailed bars and floor...and vault, well, that's vault, who knows. Congrats to her on making states!!!!!! Woo hoo!

Good luck to your DD next weekend! This level is a real eye-opener to optionals!! Definately different than compulsaries!! (also more fun to watch!!).

Good luck to your DD next weekend! This level is a real eye-opener to optionals!! Definately different than compulsaries!! (also more fun to watch!!).

Thank you! We are all super excited and at least 2 of us are nervous. (little DD is super-mellow and has the constant "whatever!" attitude).

WTG to your DD. What a trooper to pull herself back up and show everyone just how good she is after having such a hard time on beam. And big congrats on qualifying for state..thats a big one to get under the belt. And a super congrats on being the bar champ.

Way to make a come back!!! Congrats to her on being bars champ and not letting beam get to her and qualifying :).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back